• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:06 PM

Hello,

I work for a Foodservice Distributor which receives, stores, and ships frozen seafood that is fully packaged and requires no further processing. We also cross-dock fresh seafood in a refrigerated (<36°F dock) for <18 hours.   We have a Food Safety Plan and appropriate receiving and storage SOPs.  

When I received my HACCP certificate, I was under the impression that food distributors which receive, store, and ship only frozen seafood and only cross-dock fresh seafood for <24hrs, do not require a HACCP plan.  I would greatly appreciate if someone with more knowledge could let me know if this is accurate or if we do need a HACCP plan?  

Thank you so much!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:43 AM

Hello,

I work for a Foodservice Distributor which receives, stores, and ships frozen seafood that is fully packaged and requires no further processing. We also cross-dock fresh seafood in a refrigerated (<36°F dock) for <18 hours.   We have a Food Safety Plan and appropriate receiving and storage SOPs.  

When I received my HACCP certificate, I was under the impression that food distributors which receive, store, and ship only frozen seafood and only cross-dock fresh seafood for <24hrs, do not require a HACCP plan.  I would greatly appreciate if someone with more knowledge could let me know if this is accurate or if we do need a HACCP plan?  

Thank you so much!

Hi hvickers,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Does yr query relate to a particular FS Standard ? SQF ?

As I understand, you believe that cross-docked material should be outside the scope of yr existing haccp plan ?.

a response will lkely be forthcoming but one easy way to check is probably to ask yr auditing company.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

hvickers

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:28 PM

Hi Charles,

Thank you for the reply.  

My question is, does a distribution facility which only distributes packaged products (does not process or repack any food), need a formalized HACCP plan for receiving, storing, and distributing frozen seafood and cross-docking (<24hrs) fresh seafood?  Or, will a proper food safety and prerequisite plan suffice?  

We currently do not have a HACCP plan.

Thank you!!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:06 AM

Hi hvickers,

I am slightly confused. You have an existing FS Plan with SOPs but no HACCP Plan ?.

Not sure what you mean by a "proper" FS and PRP Plan ?

A theoretical answer to yr general  (haccp) query is that the generation of a haccp plan will INITIALLY enable you (via risk assessment/hazard analysis) to decide if any "significant" hazards are present  in yr "operation" so that control is essential.

It is not mandatory (unless regulatory) for a haccp plan to possess CCPs.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users