• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with Tesco water risk assessment? any document that may help? Thank you so much! :smile:

Watanka

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 109 posts
  • 50 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

If you are making one of their private label products such as bottles water or a product that uses water you should start with the basics of facility design and go outwards from there.  Make sure that inbound water for use in your process is not mingled with outbound or sewer water.  All piping should be labeled for type of water and flow direction.  Pumps need to be inspected and maintained as a part of your PM program.   Is the water you use from the city?  Obtain a copy of their annual quality analysis of the water they provide.  It is free to all users within their water service area.

Be sure the inbound water is stored in clean tanks suitable for that use.  We use a contracted water service to inspect and analyze the water, to clean the tanks and recirculating system, to ensure the UV system is operating properly, to maintain and service the RO system and to document water quality and the water system on a monthly basis.  Water is very important to our products.  Filtration of water going into your plant from the water storage tanks should be checked daily for wear, tear and accumulation of dirt or debris - hopefully not much, if any, of that!

If you have an on-site lab the water you use in your product should be checked against specification regularly - at least daily.  At regular intervals we send samples of city water from the tap, form storage, RO treated water and water sent to blending tanks to an independent lab for analysis.

All this work forms the basis of your risk analysis.  Depending on your unique processes you may have to do more to ensure the water remains within specification.  Sorry for the long post, but water comprises about 60% of our products on average so we are very careful with it.

NBQSM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

Hi Patopod,

I'm also trying to work on a Tesco Water Risk Assessment. We are a pome fruit grower so we just need to assess our water sources for washing and irrigation. I too am slightly confused. Well, not really confused - but wondering about how to set it out.

Does anyone have a RA template?

Thanks

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:38 AM

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with Tesco water risk assessment? any document that may help? Thank you so much! :smile:

Hi Patopod/NBQSM,

Based on previous threads here related to Tesco, i would anticipate that Tesco have a COP which informs you as to the requirements/scope  for a risk assessment. This Company seem to have COPs for virtually everything related to their business. :thumbup:

Have you checked ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water, risk, assessment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users