ChristinaK

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 196 posts
  • 66 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Art, Games, Gardening, Costuming, Public Health, Composting (with the power of worms!)

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

Hello, all!

I'm currently conducting part of our internal SQF audit, and I meed some guidance/help on 2.3.2.5 (for level 3).

It states:

2.3.2.5 Validation of packaging materials shall include:

i. Certification that all packaging that comes into direct contact with food meets either regulatory acceptance or approval criteria. Documentation shall either be in the form of a declaration of continued guarantee of compliance, a certificate of conformance, or a certificate from the applicable regulatory agency.
ii. In the absence of a certificate of conformance, certificate of analysis, or letter of guarantee, tests and analyses to confirm the absence of potential chemical migration from the packaging to the food contents shall be conducted and records maintained.

I work in a plant that only manufactures plastic bottles and jars, so when they say "packaging," I'm a bit confused.

Is the code asking that our bottles and jars (which eventually come into contact with food at our customer) meet regulations?

OR, is the code asking that the packaging material (pallets, slip sheets, stretch wrap) we use to ship and deliver our bottles and jars meet regulations? 

OR, is it that both bottles/jars and their shipping packaging  must meet certain regulations?

Thanks in advance for any insight on the matter.

-Christina

-Christina

Spite can be a huge motivator for me to learn almost anything.

nbobrowicz

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

Packaging materials refers to whatever YOU use to package your finished product, so yes: slip sheets, pallets, pallet wrap, boxes, core plugs, etc.

sudhakar.moorthy

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Christina, 2.3.2.5.i clearly states packaging that comes into direct contact with food. If Ur plastic bottles and jars come into direct contact, then scope is within Ur bottles and jars...

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users