• 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Football, Dr Pepper

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:36 AM

Morning all,

I'm hoping in the near future to improve our level of traceability. I'm not sure you've ever got 100% water-tight traceability no matter what some awarding bodies may demand but at the moment we're a fair way off having anything close to that. Basically our current procedure involves attaching a 5-digit trace code (12345) sticker to every box on a delivery of produce. This is fine until someone orders a part-box. Say someone orders 2kg of broccoli from a 6kg box. The 2kg gets put loose into another box containing other parts of the customer's order and is sent away. From there onwards we can consult our database for a rough idea of the batch number of that 2kg but we can't be sure exactly what that code is and therefore can't always be certain which supplier it came from or when we received it. On a recent audit our current system was just about accepted but through gritted teeth.

So my question is: does anyone know a way of improving this system?

Regards,

Andy

On the Ball, City

beadle

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 43 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hi Andy,

Can you on the internal sales order for the material, of 2 kg of broccoli add the batch number, so the number is added to paperwork, this way you will always have trace ability of exactly what is going to customers.

Regards

Chris 

Regards

Chris

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users