• IFSQN Associate
  • 37 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:15 AM

Hi everyone,

Its been a while that i have joined the discussions but i enjoy reading all the topics which are helpful to our food safety team.

I would appreciate if everyone can provide solutions to our current problem with our screeners. Our external auditor suggested that if we can remove the polyurethane mesh balls in our screeners due they found out that we replace these balls when it becomes "thinned out" or becomes small due to contact with the screens. The auditor therefore concluded that the parts of these balls went with our product.These balls are used to prevent blinding of screens and without these items the production will be affected. 

Hope to hear from everyone.

Thanks.

Chebar. 

RTP

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

Hello Chebar,

I am not sure if I can help but reading your post, I feel it would be useful to get more information about what product you make and where in the process do you have these screes?

probard

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

Hello Chebar,
It seems that the point of the auditor was that the material of those mesh balls must be resistant enough not to be ground into the product.
Maybe metallic balls exist?
Regards,
Pauline

xylough

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 149 posts
  • 154 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"Foodie" stuff, dogs, family, horticulture, natural sciences

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hi Chebar,

It is difficult to approach your challenge without more detail about the purpose, procedures, etc., of your application, however I can tell you there are metallic balls which are food-grade. These are specifically made for what are called bead mills or ball mills. The mills are used to grind fluid phase foods like cocoa mass or pharmaceuticals into extremely find consistencies. If you research the beads for bead mills you will discover they are available in a variety of sizes, materials, specifications, with and without certs of conformance, replacement schedules, etc. The proper beads could be fully documented with specification as part of a program with an SOP.

Best regards,

Greg

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users