• 7 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:35 AM

hello 

i have a question related to validation and usage of the metal detector

I have a supplier who uses metal detector for their bakery products . They use the metal detector in unusal way ( in my opinion) , they pack the product in premary packaging ( plastic wrap) and than arrange the product in a secondary package ( carton box) and then they are passing it through the metal detector

While they do verification daily 3 times they pass the test strips by placing it on the top or side of the secodnary packaging (OUTSIDE) not inside the of the box

my question was what is the correct way to validate such process and what is the correct way to verify it the dame on day to day basis 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:24 AM

Hi shelendra,

The typical objective is that the test strip is placed in the lowest MD sensitivity position and ideally within a representative food matrix.

This usually means the test strip should be along the central axis of the MD. If the test object is nearer the walls of the generating magnetic field, the true sensitivity is likely to be over-estimated. The true instrument sensitivity decreases with various factors, eg a large aperture reduces the sensitivity compared to a narrow one.

But sometimes such an internal location is not practically feasible ?

What is the claimed sensitivity for Fe/non-Fe/SS ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users