• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:44 AM

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a company that export peeled and grated cassava (raw). We are using series of chlorination to reduce the microbial load of the cassava.

The problem is, there are times which i think chlorination is not enough to reduce the coliform count of the cassava at the same time, we are using 100 cfu/g as our coliform standard (since it is the only standard that is available i think).

The question is; 1)Is there any other coliform standard available for raw cassava (peeled and grated) other than 100 cfu/g?  2) Can anyone suggest a convenient procedure which will also reduce the microbial load of cassava aside from chlorination?

Thank you in advance :) 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:24 AM

Hi everyone!

I am currently working on a company that export peeled and grated cassava (raw). We are using series of chlorination to reduce the microbial load of the cassava.

The problem is, there are times which i think chlorination is not enough to reduce the coliform count of the cassava at the same time, we are using 100 cfu/g as our coliform standard (since it is the only standard that is available i think).

The question is; 1)Is there any other coliform standard available for raw cassava (peeled and grated) other than 100 cfu/g?  2) Can anyone suggest a convenient procedure which will also reduce the microbial load of cassava aside from chlorination?

Thank you in advance :) 

Hi rizza asilo,

Likely, and maybe "Greener" alternatives are among the various treatment chemicals recommended in various threads here for vegetables and fruits. But i anticipate that all of them are more expensive than chlorination. Some examples -

http://www.ifsqn.com...uct/#entry94563

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

rizza asilo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

Thanks Charles. 

The article helped me a lot. Maybe we really need to re-define our process.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users