Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,326 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

Hello All!

My name is Ryan Mills and I just realized I never posted an introduction of myself to this board.  I have over 20 years of experience in food production, processing, and quality assurance.  Most of this has been in the dairy fluid processing industry, as well as, evaporation and drying.  Some of my experience is in fruit bases and flavorings for yogurt, bakery, and other food companies.

Most of the companies I have worked for have been medium sized to small.  I tend to enjoy the smaller companies as there is more of a team atmosphere and less red tape to deal with.

I have experience implementing and managing SQF system, internal auditing procedures, CAPA, food defense, and audit preparations.  I also have lots of experience in building food safety and quality systems from the ground up.  I have done this in 4 separate facilities over my career and it is one of my favorite things to do.  Most recently, I have designed and built a laboratory, hired personnel and designed / implemented SQF Level 3 within 6 months of a brand new facility.  The pace has been breakneck, but it has been very rewarding.

I have shown an innate ability over the years to translate food safety and quality systems to what people do in their respective positions.  Sometimes, this stuff gets complicated and can go over their heads.  My philosophy is to keep it simple stupid.  If you make things too complicated they won't be adhered to and you run the risk of food safety, quality and audit failures along the way.  Our lives are ever more complicated...I try to simplify where I can and so far I've had good success with it when it comes to audit compliance and food safety / quality systems.

On a more personal note....I've recently become a father so I really have two babies to deal with; the new facility and my daughter at home which has been much of a challenge.

Also, I want to say thank you for the MOTM...it was a great surprise to see this morning in my mailbox!

I look forward to sharing and learning from all of you.

redfox

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 481 posts
  • 163 thanks
Excellent

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

Congrats Ryan for having new member of your family.....great credentials.... :happydance:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:48 PM

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself Ryan and congrats again on MOTM.

:welcome:

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

ChristinaK

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 179 posts
  • 66 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Art, Games, Gardening, Costuming, Public Health, Composting (with the power of worms!)

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

It's always great to get to know the board members. Makes it easier to understand someone's thought process, in my opinion.

Congrats on the new baby, as well!

-Christina

Spite can be a huge motivator for me to learn almost anything.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New Member, MOTM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users