Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

Hi. This may have been covered in other posts, but can anyone guide me on what I could do if a policy is reviewed and it has no changes from the review. Our policies have last review date and next review date. Should I update the policy to a new version just to change the dates?

Thanks

ati

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:15 AM

Maybe you can revise the format to remove the next review date.

In my previous company, the company's policy only have the review date and the policy is reviewed every year according to plan and even there is no change, the date must be updated.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:25 AM

Hi. This may have been covered in other posts, but can anyone guide me on what I could do if a policy is reviewed and it has no changes from the review. Our policies have last review date and next review date. Should I update the policy to a new version just to change the dates?

Thanks

Hi RosieMolly,

Any particular FS standard involved ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

RosieMolly

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

Hi Charles,

BRC....and ISO9001

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

Hi Charles,

BRC....and ISO9001

These 2 are rather different kettes of food, prescriptive vs generic.

Was either of them "more" related to yr query ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

addendum

Never mind. i am not a ISO user anyway. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:28 AM

Hi RosieMolly,

Assuming yr definition of a new "revision number" implies a change in "content" then the logical answer IMO to yr query is NO. But also see the final paragraph below and the PPS.

Questions about  ISO9001 "review" are one of the numerous  ISO "old chestnuts".

I agree with Post 2.

I looked through my archives and extracted a few ISO9001 snippets to support not showing a specific next review date (NRD) while still answering the iso standard's requirement. These are attached below.

Attached File  Options.pdf   10.28KB   24 downloads

I suggest the same response for BRC unless NRD is specifically required to be shown on the document which afaik it isn't.

A third variation again based on not showing NRD  is suggested in link below. Seemed quite practical to me -

http://www.qualitysy...w-your-policies.

If you really must show the NRD maybe create an exception within yr main document control procedure for this specific case stating (something like) -  the version number will remain unchanged for successive NRDs provided that the documented result of an assessment of necessity for a revision of the relevant document (as implemented according to SOP Document Revision XYZ)  is negative, ie no revision  required.

(this is vaguely analogous to the well-accepted manouevre of defining a document revision number to not need changing if only edit for minor typographical errors)

The counter-argument to above manipulations is that will eventually have 2 documents with same name/revision number but which are not absolutely 100% identical..The above bracketed divergence is unquestionably validatable in various published ISO document control examples but whether one can argue that a change in a header or footer info. is equally  "minor" is perhaps more debatable. Hence the preference to simply not show a NRD (unless a specific validation reference is locatable somewhere).

PS - there is some discussion on this topic in thread below although not specifically directed to yr OP -

http://www.ifsqn.com...anual-policies/

PPS - Assuming you have a Master List of Documents (?) here is another alternative which would only involve updating the revision number on One document and theoretically only one time if all docs are reviewed on a fixed date -

As per ISO 9001 you do not have to review your procedures once a year. However you must check your own procedures, especially your own Document Control procedure, to see if you have impose on yourself to do this. Perhaps not your Document Control procedure but the Master List of Documents may also contain a column titled “next review” which may tell you when is the next required review date for your procedures, forms or documents. Or you may also check your Quality Manual, you never know but there may be things you signed up to do and therefore you must do those.

http://mireauxms.com...ew-do-i-have-to

Edited by Charles.C, 06 December 2016 - 03:21 PM.
expanded

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 2 Members:

ati

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:07 AM

For policy, we only have the date but for SOP, there are revise date and revision no.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users