• Quick Navigation
Photo

Need to improve the quality for ISO accreditation.

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

don433

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:10 AM

Hi,

I am running a chocolate factory. It's been two years and the business is blooming as expected. My next goal is to get ISO certification for our factory. I think that getting the services of a food quality management solution will help in guiding us to our goal.

However, there is also a second opinion to hire new employees for the quality management wing. I would like to know which would be the best choice.

I would appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

Hi,

I am running a chocolate factory. It's been two years and the business is blooming as expected. My next goal is to get ISO certification for our factory. I think that getting the services of a food quality management solution will help in guiding us to our goal.

However, there is also a second opinion to hire new employees for the quality management wing. I would like to know which would be the best choice.

I would appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance

Hi don,

Do you mean iso9001 or iso22000 ?

I presume yr first-mentioned choice meant getting a consultant.

It depends on what ISO like to call "resources", eg the level/quantity of technical capability available in the context of the requirements of yr process/the intended Standard.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

I would typically invest in on-site staffing first. Consultants may play a role in your small business for a long while until it's big enough to hire that knowledge, but if they give you information and you don't have the capacity to put into action, it's not money well spent.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users