Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

Found this product researching cleaning/sanitizing products.  Is anyone using this product to clean their converting equipment(winders, sheeters, air tables)?

Bailey39

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hi Robert,

We did a test run with this product. I found it to have a long dry time - over 10 minutes, which, as I'm sure you know, counts as precious production time in many facilities. Was there anything more specific you wanted to know?

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,327 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:56 PM

We use it for surfaces we cannot wet clean.  However, in a dairy environment like ours these surfaces are things such as control panels, electrical boxes, and what not.  Our production equipment, including conveyors are all wet cleanable.

We use it in the lab as well and it is effective not only as a sanitizer, but as a cleaner.  As for dry time, we simply wipe things down after spraying it on surfaces so dry time isn't a factor for us.

bcummings25

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

We use it in a Bakery Application for equipment/surfaces that cannot be wet cleaned. Since we are an older facility we cannot wet clean our mixers and tables due to drain constraints. We tried multiple EcoLab products and had trouble consistently hitting our ATP numbers. Once we implemented DrySan Duo it enabled us to clean much more efficiently and allowed us to consistently hit our numbers. We have had very good results with it and are constantly finding more areas that we couldn't clean due to water constraints that are not cleanable. In regards of dry time, we found that a simple misting on the final sanitizing step does the trick and allows it to dry quickly since its alcohol based.

I hope this helps. 

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

We use it for surfaces we cannot wet clean.  However, in a dairy environment like ours these surfaces are things such as control panels, electrical boxes, and what not.  Our production equipment, including conveyors are all wet cleanable.

We use it in the lab as well and it is effective not only as a sanitizer, but as a cleaner.  As for dry time, we simply wipe things down after spraying it on surfaces so dry time isn't a factor for us.

Ryan, doesn't that kinda undo the sanitize function of it if you recontaminate with a non-sterile towel? Splitting hairs a little at that point but I wonder if auditor's ask whether that's in the manufacturers instructions.

We use it as a cleaner for our HDPE slip sheets (stacking PET bottles), but ultimately abandoned it for cleaning our dry environments since it was so flammable (blow molders get hot.......) and expensive. We now have a quat mixture for cleaning/sanitizing in dry environments that leaves a nice residual to keep things from taking hold, even though you introduce moisture.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,327 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

Ryan, doesn't that kinda undo the sanitize function of it if you recontaminate with a non-sterile towel? Splitting hairs a little at that point but I wonder if auditor's ask whether that's in the manufacturers instructions.

We use it as a cleaner for our HDPE slip sheets (stacking PET bottles), but ultimately abandoned it for cleaning our dry environments since it was so flammable (blow molders get hot.......) and expensive. We now have a quat mixture for cleaning/sanitizing in dry environments that leaves a nice residual to keep things from taking hold, even though you introduce moisture.

Yes, you are splitting hairs.  We don't use it to "sanitize", but rather to clean.  We have alcohol wipes we use to sanitize surfaces we want to keep dry.

Drysan Duo has two purposes and can be used in a number of ways.  To clean, you can use it for any hard surface with appropriate tool, such as a towel, rag, brush, scraper, etc.  To sanitize, you spray it on and allow to dry.

Also, it is considered non-flammable....it has alcohol in it, but also peroxyacetic acid (hence the "duo" part).

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

Yes, you are splitting hairs.  We don't use it to "sanitize", but rather to clean.  We have alcohol wipes we use to sanitize surfaces we want to keep dry.

Drysan Duo has two purposes and can be used in a number of ways.  To clean, you can use it for any hard surface with appropriate tool, such as a towel, rag, brush, scraper, etc.  To sanitize, you spray it on and allow to dry.

Also, it is considered non-flammable....it has alcohol in it, but also peroxyacetic acid (hence the "duo" part).

Ah, no worries. I just assumed you would use just the drysan to sanitize after using it to clean. Not splitting hairs, you have a separate sanitizer in place to address that concern :), I assumed it was wipe-and-go

"flammable" may have been the wrong word. The container I have contains the warning language:

"PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS: Combustible. Do not use or store near heat or open flame."

SDS section attached, full SDS

Attached Files

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

jsimpson17

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

Where do you purchase Ecolab Dry San Duo? I tried purchasing directly from Ecolab. We are puchasing only 10 gallon pail, they tranferred it to Kelly Supply instead. I wonder if Ecolab has MOQ in order for you to buy from them directly?

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,327 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2020 - 02:39 AM

You need to have an account with them; they don't sell to anyone without an account.  Some of their chemicals are available via third-party.

Where do you purchase Ecolab Dry San Duo? I tried purchasing directly from Ecolab. We are puchasing only 10 gallon pail, they tranferred it to Kelly Supply instead. I wonder if Ecolab has MOQ in order for you to buy from them directly?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users