• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:23 AM

Dear All,

I want to ask if somebody have this kind of problem in their production line.  i will be attaching photos for your reference.

We are a powder seasoning company operating 10hrs/day, 5days/week  Our Cleaning and sanitation procedures as follow:

After production batch finish, we are using hot water (boiler) to rinse our machine after which we will use chemical to wash our machine.  We are also doing this in our environment/surfaces.

Our aircon system is then turned off 4hours, after cleaning.

But the following Monday we will be having this situation:

Floor is very wet

Parts of the machine and other surfaces has moldy/ black stains.

Can someone help on this situation, and what you think the causes of this problem?

Hope you can help me.  Thank you very much in advance.

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:45 AM

Hello Fuse_23:

The weather for both Malaysia and Singapore is hot and humid (high relative humidity). These few weeks are also raining quite frequently. Try to check whether there is any leakage as well as the %RH at the affected areas .

Regards,

Yong

Thanked by 1 Member:

fuse_23

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:54 AM

Hi Yong,

The humidity during production normally is <50%.  What you mean leakage, leakage from where?

Hassan2017

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

Hey Fuse

I agree with Yong , you need to check the relative humidity beside using boiled water increase it & lead to spread of water particles allover the place.

after finishing the cleaning process , As fast as possible use dry air to dry out any water particles allover the machine , check the ceiling , check your ventilation system.

the mold Spores can spread very fast in both high temperature & high humidity.

fuse_23

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Hi Hassan,

As mentioned our humidity average is <50%.  We are using floor blower to dry the area, but still the same problem.  We are also thinking why only some areas have this black/green spots.

Hassan2017

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

Okey, Correct me if i am wrong please! It Seams that the only Galvanised metal only whom get molds! or as well the Stainless steal too!

even if its 50% & still high temperature in-presence of the spores its gonna show-up again.

fuse_23

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 66 thanks
Good

• Singapore
    Singapore

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

Hi Hassan,

Both stainless steel and galvanised metal has the black stains.

We are using centralized aircon system, but one problem is that cleaning the ducting is a challenging part for us.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

You probably need to put a chemical fumigating bomb through the plant and the end of the production week and schedule cleaning for after the allotted time for activation with the air system working to kill all the spores that may be living in the duct work.

The fact that you only have mold living in particular areas, means that those areas are NOT being cleaning correctly and the spores are either not being removed, or there is a perfect food source for them on those surfaces.

~50% humidity is VERY high for a dry manufacturing site, mold likes anything above 30% (depending on the type). You may need to also look at a negative pressure atmosphere (air only travels from in the plant to outside)

Molds are particularly difficult to get rid of once it is in the duct work----don't forget to dispose off and replace all of the filters

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

rrana

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

I believe using a good cleaning agent (like Ecolab in USA) might also help in resolving the issue, but relative humidity is the culprit ......

YongYM

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 231 posts
  • 57 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Reading, Watching TV, Singing Karaoke & Sight-seeing

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

Posted Yesterday, 12:54 PM

Hi Yong,

The humidity during production normally is <50%.  What you mean leakage, leakage from where?

Any leakage from the roof / ceiling? How about condensation (is there a big temperature gradient between that particular room and the surrounding)?

Is there any possibility that spores (mould) are not totally eliminated even with the routine cleaning? Using any UV lamp for post-cleaning sterilization?

Yong

Thanked by 1 Member:

QATX12

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

Wow, that's pretty intense. That whole area will need to be disinfected to kill all those spores. I did a quick google search, maybe these links will help.

I would also suggest implementing an Air Quality Testing System, if you don't already have one in place.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,327 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

Question...why do a wet type of cleaning?  It sounds like your process is a dry process.  In this environment your sole objective would be to prevent any type of moisture and eliminate any type of moisture in the environment.  As others have said, 50% humidity is too high....you need to figure out a way to lower it and get positive pressure flowing out of your process/packaging room.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users