Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

I have a question about hold tags/stickers that are placed on the product box. Do you remove them or leave them on after the product has been approved for release?

We store our cooked product in large combo bin/boxes until it's time to pack it, so this is not the final primary packaging. When I need to place the unfinished product on hold I put stickers/labels on the box to identify the hold, then move the product to a specific location. When the product is approved and safe to use, I have been removing the sticker and placing the bin back into the approved product hold.

My thought is if I leave the Hold label on and add a released or approved label, then I wouldn't have to talk to 5 different people to advise its approved and then have them come back and ask what it was I approved because they don't remember or don't want to look up the Hold/Release Log.

Belmont2201

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:45 AM

It depends on the purpose of the hold/hault process.

Depending on the critical value point (ie: bacterial, material, etc), then you are able to determine if the product is safe for release.

It depends entirely on your hold/release program as well.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users