• IFSQN Active
  • 25 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Hello,

Does anyone employ a special form to document a request for the creation of a controlled document, either new or revised?

If you don't use a form, how do you record the initial request? Does the requestor email the person that manages document control?

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 134 posts
  • 123 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

We do not use a form - tried to in the past and most people 'forget' how to use it. :-)  

I am in charge of Document Control.  If there is a change request the requestor takes the form or procedure and writes the changes on it, with a date and their initials.  An email with the requested changes also works. I then make the changes (if they make sense and we agree on them) and keep the original documents along with the newly revised one in a document change request folder.  

On each document I have a history of changes.  So if an auditor requests to see that specific change request, I can refer to it in the folder by date.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

Kellio

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 72 thanks
Good

• Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

I hope this helps

Kellio

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 72 thanks
Good

• Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

I hope this helps. :shades:

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

falinaicare

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:11 AM

Hello, 

I am a new document controller.

May I ask why do we need a new document in the document change request? The changes of any minor and major documents will be under the revised and obsolete the previous revision after that...right?

Hope you can guide me.

Thanks.

Sielx7

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

We do not use a form - tried to in the past and most people 'forget' how to use it. :-)  

I am in charge of Document Control.  If there is a change request the requestor takes the form or procedure and writes the changes on it, with a date and their initials.  An email with the requested changes also works. I then make the changes (if they make sense and we agree on them) and keep the original documents along with the newly revised one in a document change request folder.  

On each document I have a history of changes.  So if an auditor requests to see that specific change request, I can refer to it in the folder by date.  

Do you keep  physical printed papers for the request change forms? or you just having them on your drive inside the folder?

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 134 posts
  • 123 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

Do you keep  physical printed papers for the request change forms? or you just having them on your drive inside the folder?

I scan the paperwork and any documention into the computer and keep in an obsolete folder.  I do not keep the original paperwork once it is scanned in.  

Sielx7

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

I scan the paperwork and any documention into the computer and keep in an obsolete folder.  I do not keep the original paperwork once it is scanned in.  

Thank you so much

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users