• 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Hello everyone,
I hope that someone can help me!!

I am about to start working in a company that basically receive paper in big rolls, cut and print them in sheets.Then this sheets are used by clientes in producing the packaging for food.

The company are iniciating the BRC IOP certificaton, and is allready ISO22000 certified.

I have education and experience in food processing and tecnology, but in the packaging area i have no experience and for that i am having some dificulty in understand what kind of measures and atention to the infraestructure and hygiene it is need to have for this kind of production, regardling to a BRC/IOP standard.
What kind of hazards and risks is normal to this type of production?
What level of hygiene (personal, infraestructure) it is required?

If someone with experience in this area of production and BRC packaging standard could help me, i apreciate.

Thank you.

charbear

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hello! I work for a food contact manufacturer as well (wax paper products). Our product scope sounds similar to yours. We are seeking SQF but I believe the BRC standards regarding GMP's are probably in the ball park. Hygiene basics would include hairnets, beard nets, possibly gloves, no jewelry, hand washing before coming into the production area, no food, drinks, or cell phone usage in production etc. Hazards should be included in your HACCP plan. If you are not familiar with your company's HACCP that would be the place to start so your aware of the critical control points in your production processes. Hope this helps good luck to you!  :spoton:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Neto

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Thankyou charbear, i apreciate your response. 

And in terms of infraestructure (walls, floor, entrances, seilings) what kind of materials are allowed?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

Hello everyone,
I hope that someone can help me!!

I am about to start working in a company that basically receive paper in big rolls, cut and print them in sheets.Then this sheets are used by clientes in producing the packaging for food.

The company are iniciating the BRC IOP certificaton, and is allready ISO22000 certified.

I have education and experience in food processing and tecnology, but in the packaging area i have no experience and for that i am having some dificulty in understand what kind of measures and atention to the infraestructure and hygiene it is need to have for this kind of production, regardling to a BRC/IOP standard.
What kind of hazards and risks is normal to this type of production?
What level of hygiene (personal, infraestructure) it is required?

If someone with experience in this area of production and BRC packaging standard could help me, i apreciate.

Thank you.

Hi Neto,

If you already have iso22000 certification for this product, the haccp section in the FS System Manual should have already considered/answered all yr above questions ?

Have you read the BRC Packaging Standard ?

I suggest you browse through the BRC packaging sub-forum here to get some ideas of the scope -

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tamale

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 73 posts
  • 36 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

You should consider asking the paper mill to supply you with microbiological test reports.

Tamale

Robert Daigneault

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

BRC Packaging 5 has two levels of Hygiene.  If your product is direct food contact, you will be using High Hygiene. In completing your Hazard Analysis. Start with receiving.  Look for Chemical, Physical and Biological Hazards.  Then focus on the actual processes that you are using and do the same. 

There is a tool that you can purchase from ISFQN that will guide you on this standard.  It is very complete and works well if this is your first time implementing this standard.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paper film packaging, BRC/IOP;, risks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users