Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

THIS IS AN ASSIGNMENT FOR UNI AND THE QUESTION IS BASED ON A BAKERY THAT ALREADY HAS AN A RATING BRC AND WOULD LIKE TO IMPLEMENT ISO 22000 AND HOW MUCH WORK WOULD BE INVOLVED
I FIND THE ISO 22000'S WORDING CONFUSING AND LOTS OF CHECKING BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS
THERE ARE ALSO SOME UNFAMILIAR TERMS OPRP BEING ONE
IS QUALITY MANUAL NOW A FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ?
THANKS FOR THE HELP
PAUL ASHLEY(UWIC)

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

Hello Paul,
To make you feel comfortable, we were half-way through developing BRC in mid-2005 and decided to move into ISO 22000 after it was comfirmed that it would be released in Sept. So we built our system based on a BRC (issue 4) foodsafety framework. In my opinion, it is very close to ISO 22K in many ways particularly in the prerequisite areas. The fact that we followed the draft ISO 220K for the last two years really made a whole lot of difference.

The major difference is really in the development of the FSM Quality Manual (see attached). I have attached a coloured version of ISO 22K to the one posted by James in another thread but its the same (although I am not in favor of it but its an official document) & the FSMS Pyramid (important)

IMO, the issue of interpretation and application of PRP and OPRP is really a matter that does not deserve a worrisome level of concern at all. What is of concern really shd be to determine whether the system is or has been shaped to function in a manner that it should in order to achieve intended FSM objectives....albeit continuous improvement and revalidation of the system

BRC framework is prescriptive (which makes auditors' work easy) while ISO 22000 is a silent FSMS that rely on self-assessment to determine what is best for your own FS boundary (this makes auditors pretty uncomfortable) - its a case of de javu where they now may become the victim of their own audit checklist and methodology.

Its pretty difficult to just summarise in a couple of statements on this subject and the above comments should lead you there. All the best in your assignment!

Attached Files

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

Is this helpful to you Paul? Let us know your thinking and also what course you are studying?

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Kay Begum

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

This is for Charles Chew:

Hi Charles,

I am not able to open the ISO_22K_Continuous_Improvement_Flow.doc
It tells me that an error occured. Is it possible you can send this directly to me?

I am absolutely new around here, therefore, if anyone knows why I can't open this document, please let me know. I could open the pyramid document though.

Thank you

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

I am not able to open the ISO_22K_Continuous_Improvement_Flow.doc
It tells me that an error occured. Is it possible you can send this directly to me?

I am absolutely new around here, therefore, if anyone knows why I can't open this document, please let me know. I could open the pyramid document though.

Thank you

I think the link or uploaded document is broken. When we upgraded the software a while back it damaged a number of attachments that we only find out about when members such as yourself report it. I think this is one of those.

Charles Chew if you are around do you have the file to replace or perhaps you could mail it to me and I will replace it?

Regards,
Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

Hello Kay,

These documents were posted quite some time back and I appear to have lost them as well. (Perhaps, those who had dowloaded earlier would upload them for your interest)

I would also be very happy to post alternative documents if you can be some what more specific with your needs on either standards (BRC or ISO22K). If P & C, please contact me directly through the IFSQN email system.

Regards
Charles Chew

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users