• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hello all,

I was just hired at a Bakery as a QA manager. I no formal education in this field but my last job I helped the QA manager get ready and pass our GMP. That QA manager landed a plant leader role at a different facility and asked me to come on board with him as their QA manager. I do grasp the basic concept. He is so busy with his job that it is hard for me to ask him questions. So that's how I found this site. 1st and foremost is there a list of SOPs that must be put in place to p[ass the Silkier GMP and also where would you guys suggest I start doing basic training for this job at?  Thank you all for your responses and I apologize if this is a redundant post. I am just overwhelmed right now that I might have missed these answers in the search function.

D.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

Hello all,

I was just hired at a Bakery as a QA manager. I no formal education in this field but my last job I helped the QA manager get ready and pass our GMP. That QA manager landed a plant leader role at a different facility and asked me to come on board with him as their QA manager. I do grasp the basic concept. He is so busy with his job that it is hard for me to ask him questions. So that's how I found this site. 1st and foremost is there a list of SOPs that must be put in place to p[ass the Silkier GMP and also where would you guys suggest I start doing basic training for this job at?  Thank you all for your responses and I apologize if this is a redundant post. I am just overwhelmed right now that I might have missed these answers in the search function.

D.

Hi darren,

I note from yr previous post (link below) that your operation is using a set of existing Prerequisite programs.

http://www.ifsqn.com...ns/#entry117307

Is it possible to post a summary of the PRP titles so that people can get an idea as to what you have already ?

I will defer the Silliker query to people here who may have direct experience.

Does the Silliker GMP audit include haccp ? If so are you familiar this methodology ? If yes/no that would be my first training recommendation.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

darrenblack

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

These are a list of SOPs we currently have in place. I am working on Preventative Maintenance, Product recall, Allergen, and Sanitation

Food Safety Program

GMP Policy

Pest Control

Chemical Control Program

Physical Contaminants

Water Quality and Potability Policy

Environmental Sampling

Food Defense Plan

Corrective Actions

HACCP Program

Human Resources

Employee Qualifications Policy

Production

Quality Policy

Supplier Approval Program

Customer Complaints

Equipment Calibration

Document Control And Retention

Specification and Product Development

Internal Facility and GMP Inspections

Non-Conformance and Product Release

Lot Coding

Receiving and Storage

Ingredient and Packaging Storage

Safety Policy

Sanitation Policy

Waste Removal

Training Policy

I am familiar with the HACCP methodology and have my HACCP Certification.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hi darren,

Thks for the info.

I suggest you hv a look at this thread,  -

http://www.ifsqn.com...-thurber-audit/

It looks like Siliker publish details of their various "Standard's" requirements as used for audit certification purposes.

If you can find the appropriate Standard/Code, you can then do a Gap Analysis against the list of SOPs posted above. This is the usual protocol for intending auditees.

(Offhand I noticed a few possible omissions in yr list of SOPs, eg Traceability, Internal Audit, Raw Material Specifications, but these may be included within other SOPs or not required by Siliker anyway.)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 134 posts
  • 123 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

This attachment might be helpful - it lists out the basic requirements for the Siliker audit and automatic failure items.   The attachment is from 2011 and I know they have had a recent update to the audit requirements to include FSMA.  You will be required to perform a trial trace test during the audit.  

Attached Files

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users