• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

Hi All 

I am currently doing some interview prep for my 2nd stage interview for Quality Manager in a Primary Poultry factory tomorrow. I have to deliver a presentation but I wont know what it is in relation to until the interview tomorrow, I will have 15-20mins to prep and 15mins to deliver the presentation. 

Can anyone give me any ideas or examples so that I can be well prepared? So far I am prepping in case they ask me about complaints regarding foreign bodies, salmonella reduction and metal investigations. 

TIA :) 

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

I guess they may be looking for technical answers relating to your poultry knowledge, but personally I would want to see your approach to solving problems or dealing with complaints.  That you do it in a logical, structured and robust manner, so as to keep the customer happy, mitigate losses to the business and prevent the problem from happening again.  That's what I'd ask you, but they could ask you anything.  Think Root Cause Analysis tools such as cause and effect and 5 why's, do a little research on the internet.  Here is a good RCA overview.  Also not only complaints I would want you to improve the business and perhaps reduce waste, pay your way.  Take a look at the PDCA improvement cycle.  Have you reduced cost, added value, made improvements in previous positions, they may want to hear about your examples.

Best of luck and let us know what they wanted and how you got on.

Regards,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users