• IFSQN Associate
  • 32 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Hello all,

I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that contributes to this forum and especially to those people who have helped me with  my specific queries. Thanks to your help, my company passed the BRC audit with a B grade in the past couple of weeks!

We had one major for clause 3.4.3- Our internal audit program was not fully implemented. Our rationale for this was that we had nothing to audit as these programs were new to us not having previously implemented BRC. The auditor checked with their management and they decided that this was a major and we aren't going to argue that.

I have to say that it was a surprisingly easy audit- as one team member commented, that's the first time I've seen an auditor who didn't bring a torch!! I think an extremely clean and tidy warehouse put the auditor at ease quickly, plus the production staff answered well when they had questions posed on CCPs for example so we didn't raise any red flags and the auditor worked with us after that.

Question for you all- is the 2nd audit likely to be much harder, i.e. is this the time they will start to delve further into our systems, or will that just depend on the auditor?

Thanks again guys and girls, because of this forum I can appear far more knowledgeable about food safety than my (lack of) experience truly allows!

Ben

Bhupendra Sharma

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

Hey Congrates for the BRC audit..

I would like to say that in BRC scheme there not 1st or 2nd audit as every audit is certification audit (No surveillance  audit), so you have to be prepared with same intesity you showed in 1st BRC audit. Also there very less chance that the same auditor will come again. It will be little bit easy if same auditor would come because he will be familier with the system, people, and the process.

But War is war......Its a war of continual improvement... play with the same intensty

again best of luck 

Have A nyc year ahead with BRC certificate  

Thanked by 1 Member:

teaks

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 94 posts
  • 33 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

Nice! congratulations.  Take a breath... and get back to work!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

Nice work Ben, congratulations. :clap:

Regads,

Simon

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Thanked by 1 Member:

chu lin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• China
    China

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:51 AM

congratulations!

redfox

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 481 posts
  • 163 thanks
Excellent

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:40 AM

Hello Ben,

First of all congratulations...

The first is always the hardest...it means your second audit is "chicken". We experienced that before on our first audit...we had B grade because we have major NC because we didn't have metal detector on that time. 

On our second we have B grade, no major but 15 minors...an NCs which and overlooked minors...a stupid minors...last year on our third audit we had an A grade.

And I want also to say thank  IFSQN...they helped me a lot!!!

regards,

redfox

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users