Training Check List
1. Wood is not permitted into the production unit with the exception of wooden skewers for processing kebabs. Due to the nature of the skewers strict controls are necessary to eliminate any risk of product contamination.
2. No wooden skewers are to be stored in the production room.
3. Further Processing
The operator will become aware of the need to produce kebabs when the order sheet is printed. There will be a narrative or fixed units recorded on the sheet confirming the number required by the customer.
4. The operator responsible for the order will select the correct amount of skewers to complete the order.
5. Once the order is completed any surplus skewers are disposed of. Any Broken or damaged skewers must be reported to the supervisor and disposed of.
The operative will become aware of the requirement to produce kofta style kebabs when notified by the manufacturing manager.
7. The manufacturing manager will make the operator aware of the amount of mix required and will also calculate the approximate number of skewers required using the formula:
Total amount of mix produced / Single portion size = Skewers required
e.g. 100kg / 56g (0.056kg) = 1,786 skewers (approx.)
8. The operator will select the appropriate number of packs (200 skewers in a pack).
9. At the end of production, the operator will undertake a check to ensure that all surplus skewers are disposed off. Any Broken or damaged skewers must be reported to the supervisor and disposed of.
Food For Thought?