Steve S

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

Good afternoon
I have in the last 18 months started my own business in Water Treatment supply & services and i am trying to get my head around ISO 9000 as a priority and possibly ISO 14000.
Is there any information i can download or webb sites I need to check out to start the ball rolling?
I have put together a quality proceedure manual for my operation but I am unsure as to the costs involved etc
Is there anyone who can help me to get things started?
Regards :helpplease:

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Sports, Eating out, Travel

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:01 PM

Steve,

whereabouts in the world are you?

If you are in the North of England I'm running a seminar in Sunderland tomorrow that may help you,

Post back here if you wasnt any more details

James

"arguing with an auditor is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realise that the pig enjoys it"

Steve S

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:20 PM

I am based in Pontefract West Yorks, but tomorow i am booked out all day in Manchester and I can't get out of it at short notice.

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:52 PM

Steve,

It might be an idea to post the manual on this forum (if you don't mind the possibility of people borrowing bits)

I'll happily sort out sending you some info on ISO9001 but first a couple of questions:

have you carried out any internal audits against your quality system?

how big a company are you (employees, sites etc...) I'm guessing you're an SME based upon your previous post but are you 1-2 employees or 50?

I can have chat with you on Wednesday afternoon if you like? I am in Morley in the morning?

PS - be careful of that Mr Timperley he'll try to talk yorkshire to you if you're not careful! :thumbup:

my e mail address is james@globalcertification.com if you want to sort something out

James

"arguing with an auditor is like wrestling with a pig in mud, eventually you realise that the pig enjoys it"

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:04 PM

Steve,

attached is the basic ISO9001:2000 certification process

Attached File  The_ISO9001_2000_audit_Process.pdf   71KB   86 downloads

James

Colin

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Hi steve hope you are getting the most out of this website I tod you it was a good source for info, looking at the repies you have had back, I understand you have not started auditing yet! Dont think your system is ready for this type of action, you need to put together a manual with procedures to support each part of the manual before you start to audit, then when your system is ready I will show you how to set out your auditsif you need help get in touch.
Col.

Steve S

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:38 PM

Hi steve hope you are getting the most out of this website I tod you it was a good source for info, looking at the repies you have had back, I understand you have not started auditing yet! Dont think your system is ready for this type of action, you need to put together a manual with procedures to support each part of the manual before you start to audit, then when your system is ready I will show you how to set out your auditsif you need help get in touch.
Col.

Thanks Col will keep in touch

Bonno

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral
  • Interests:Web design, Football (football team linked above), Music, Reading, Films - usual stuff really.<br /><br />Would like to give golf a try but have not got around to it yet.<br /><br />I have also heard that having weekends off is quite good, so intend to give that a try soon and see if I like it!

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

Hi Steve,

If you are looking towards certification to 9001, I would recommend as your first point of call as getting hold of a copy of the standard. I also recommend getting hold of a copy of ISO 9004 which offers some pointers against each clause of 9001.

Regards,
Bonno

Your mind is a parachute, it doesn't work when it's closed....Frank Zappa

jamesgibb

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 113 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

Steve,

I'm afraid there's no free downloads for Quality manuals that I know of but for the ISO14001 I suggest you try this website:

http://www.pasa.nhs....ronment/ems/#bs

It has a fully editable word version of an ISO14001 manual, as it is for the nhs it may be a bit too long winded for your company but it is definatley worth playing with the documents

James

Charles Chew

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,178 posts
  • 54 thanks
Good

• Malaysia
    Malaysia
  • Interests:Food, food and food!

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:01 AM

A brilliant contribution and a super site for starters :thumbup:

Cheers,
Charles Chew
www.naturalmajor.com

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:03 AM

If you don't mind a bit of reading / manouevring, a prime general site for info and dwls on ISO9000 is
at C*#!! C*#!
This discusses the requirements and gives dwl examples of Quality Manuals (inc 14000)/ Quality procedures etc.
Regards / Charles.C

added - seems that refs to this site have been prohibited for some reason so sorry to have tried to help. Apologies to Simon also. No doubt it's mentioned somewhere.

Edited by Charles.C, 08 April 2006 - 08:11 AM.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users