• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Norway
    Norway

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

Hi!

We have a chocolate production line, where the chocolate is getting dispensed through a pipe, onto a layer of caramel/marzipan on the conveyor belt. Then it proceeds through a roller, and gets smoothed out covering the layer of caramel. 

The problem that we are facing is that the chocolate in the pipe hardens when the machine stops. The machine operators are currently using a "bottle brush" to remove the hardened chocolate. Which is not very hygenic. 
We usually use heatingcables on all of our chocolate transportation. But the problem that we are facing on this dispenser, is that it's not a CIP pipe. The operators manually dismount the pipe and clean it in the washing area. 
So i am looking for a system that can heat up the pipe, that's either easily removed, or that can be mounted in a way that they don't have any problems dismounting the pipe. 

Take a look at the attatched photo.

Attached Files

il_robez

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

Hi Sourvolt,

your factory is like a dream to me :P

talking about your problem... heating pistol?

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Would maybe insulating the pipe help prevent the hardening enough when the line stops? Not very cleanable, but foam wrap around insulation is cheap and you may be able to just throw it away after each production run: https://www.google.c...1.0.B_Rcd9o2s2I

Or you could keep a heat gun on the line or some other type of infared heater that kicks on when the line goes down to keep the pipe warm? If you're currently bottle brushing it out anyway, an operator could instead hit the pipe with a heat gun before starting up. https://www.homedepo...ns/N-5yc1vZc2fe

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

I would call an electrician..........there are ways to keep that section at the correct temperature always.....it will get hardwired so no worry's ..........tell the electrician that you need it to be easily (and safely) removed

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

veruca

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

When we had this issue we used the heat gun or if it was a small section we would remove that section and clear it with air before it hardened during line stops.

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:57 PM

Or a continuous circulation system that recycles the depositor output back to the tempering tank.

Marshall

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chocolate, Transportation, Hardens, Distribution, Cleaning, Heating, Dispension, dispensing, Pipe, Pipeheating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users