Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Ghana
    Ghana

Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:58 AM

Hello, Please I need help closing out an NC during our FSMS recertification.

Food Safety Emergency Response drill not conducted using scenarios that will impact negatively on the Safety of the Product.

This was the NC. We conduct mock recall as part of our traceability. However we have never conducted the Food safety emergency drill. I want to know what goes into it and what parties or people need to be involved. It is an edible oil production company and we have a mock recall checklist. Do I need to develop another checklist for this drill or I can use the same checklist. Attached is a sample of our mock recall checklist.

Kindly advice regarding this

Attached File  Mock recall record.pdf   24.97KB   564 downloads

Edited by Simon, 03 August 2018 - 08:41 AM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

ABBIGAIL BEDASSIE NABBIE

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Trinidad and Tobago
    Trinidad and Tobago

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:28 PM

Hello,

This is a separate drill that has to be conducted in addition to Mock Recall.

It addressess securing the product in case of emergencies like natural disasters:floods, earthquakes etc.

and not necessarily recalling product from the trade.

It is up to you whether you want to use the same personnel on your Mock Recall Team or 

assign new personnel to conduct this drill; either way you must have a team to address Emergency Response.

Note this is not an HSE Team, this team is for Food Safety.

If you are planning to use the same checklist you will need to add some technical data

for checks completed to ensure functionality of your main pieces of plant equipment during the drill; items like control panels, conveyors etc.

Based on your senario, you will need to assess the suitability of the product you may have stored in

onsite warehouses for signs of contamination with slush, blotted labels, rancidity and so on.

Be sure to take pictures during the drill and complete a full report inclusive of lock down actions and areas

identified for improvement for your next drill.

If there is an alert in your country of an upcoming disaster, this can be used as basis for the senario. It is also good idea to 

keep records of any contact you make with local disaster orgs and met office.

Hope this infor is helpful

Augustinesco

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Ghana
    Ghana

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:26 PM

Yes thank you. But about the checklist do you have a sample I could use to modify ours because that aspect is not so clear to me

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:51 AM

Augustinesco..if for example book harem were to come into to facility and shoot one employee  and say their bodily fluids gets into food packing and some ingredients ..how would. You clean the blood.. How would you verify its clean..what will you do with contaminate products?

Or pra river overflows and gets into your building.. Wat would you do? Pretend those scenarios and go through the motions of it..you won't recall the product because it's still in to plant..how do you get the water out

What tests would you doto ensure no contamination...who will do it?how?

What if you  are not there?

Along those lines

A vu in time , saves nine

Augustinesco

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Ghana
    Ghana

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:39 AM

OK. I get it now. I would have to develop another checklist to record the details of the drill. Thank you

Mulan1010

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 249 posts
  • 139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:28 PM

I always find addressing mock scenarios a challenge; however I will greatly meet those challenges if I can avoid the real thing.  I don't know if it will help or not but I have attached a form we use with the questions we try to follow to help us complete our mock crisis scenarios.  We try to cover a scenario each quarter but I think if you do one a year you should be covered.  We do have a sign in sheet that we attach to the mock scenario of who all was involved with the activity. 

Our facility is refrigerated so we do have guidelines on how to handle situation if plant or one section of plant is without power for an extended period of time.  For us, if power is out for more than one hour we start actions (such as taking temps of product, monitoring rooms for condensation, etc...), to help us try to save product should the power come back on.  Unfortunately those procedures are confidential so I can not share them but it is helpful to plan ahead and have them. 

- Have a great day!

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Augustinesco

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Ghana
    Ghana

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:41 PM