• 35 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Soccer (Football), Cricket, Cooking

Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:00 PM

Hello,
Does anyone have samples of hazard analysis for gluten? 
Thanks

bakeryscience

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 11 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking and baking, coffee culture, photography, watercolor painting, pets (I've officially been converted into a cat person), travel, minimalism, self-improvement

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

Do you mean in a facility that processes a products that contain gluten and also product that do not? What are your products/processes? Can you give more info? 

From the information you gave, allergens (wheat) would possibly be a hazard. 

RajaBD

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Soccer (Football), Cricket, Cooking

Posted 17 August 2018 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for reply. Produced gluten free pasta. Ingredients list: Chickpea flour, pea protein, Xanthan gum, tapioca starch, The company also received prepackaged cheese pouches. It is just added to the bag. No allergen processing. Allergen risk is very low. 

bakeryscience

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 119 posts
  • 11 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking and baking, coffee culture, photography, watercolor painting, pets (I've officially been converted into a cat person), travel, minimalism, self-improvement

Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

I would still list allergens as a hazard (assuming the cheese contains milk). Your CCP would just be at the packaging step to ensure that all the boxes state that the cheese contains milk and that milk is listed as an allergen. Aside from that, I would say another hazard would be foreign material (metal), so your CCP would be metal detection.

Again, since I don't know your processing steps, I can't say for certain that those are the only hazards. Do you have a verified flow diagram of your processes?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users