• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:22 AM

Dear co-IFSQN members,

I would like to ask for your suggestion regarding the cleaning method and frequency for equipment and accessories (including silo) of flour mill plant.

We all know that flour mill plant normally have continuous operation and the challenge is what type of cleaning can we implement if we need to immediately resume after the cleaning. Wet cleaning normally requires several days before it becomes operational again. Is there an alternative method like heat treatment to speed up the process of cleaning.

I acknowledge that there is still a need for a thorough cleaning of the whole Plant (at least once per year), we just need to have an alternative method to support the continuous operation of the plant.

Thank you,

Olive

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

what about dry ice?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

Dear CPR
Dry heat cleaning - how „cleaning“ is defined? Dry heat does not removed anything per se. But it might be helpful to reduce infestation very close to zero. Our mill has tested heat treatment of the whole mill and found the results very good, but the preparation/ installations/insulation necessary were a lot. And a lot of energy consumption.
Precleaning will improve the results.
Rgds
moskito

Olive

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

Dear Scampi,

Can I use the dry ice to clean the silos and pipelines to control the microorganisms? Can I use this an alternative approach in cleaning?

Thank you!

Olive

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

Dear Moskito,

Thank you for this. We are already using heat in controlling the infestation. What I am trying to explore is to use the heat treatment as an alternative approach in cleaning and controlling the microbiological hazards.

Thank you!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users