• Quick Navigation
Photo

Which way to go - certifying body for food marketing business?

BRC SQF ISO

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MariaDFC

MariaDFC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

I support a beverage company that has no manfacturing; we contract out to copackers. We want to be able to provide a Food Safety certificate to our customers 1) to provide the confidences of the safety and quality of our beverages and 2) to protect the privacy of our copackers. We currently sell to the USA and Canada (with European supply in the next few years). Any suggestions for the certifying body and audit level? Thank you!

#2 FSQA

FSQA

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 148 posts
  • 43 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

I support a beverage company that has no manfacturing; we contract out to copackers. We want to be able to provide a Food Safety certificate to our customers 1) to provide the confidences of the safety and quality of our beverages and 2) to protect the privacy of our copackers. We currently sell to the USA and Canada (with European supply in the next few years). Any suggestions for the certifying body and audit level? Thank you!

Hi Maria,

:welcome: to the forums.

This has been asked in the forums few times. Most of the third party (Food Safety) certification requirement is driven by your customer. It could be BRC, SQF, IFS, ISO or any other.

I would suggest to check with you customer, (preferably) the big volume customer and then choose a Certification

#3 MariaDFC

MariaDFC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

Thank you for the recommendation!

Is there a "level" for food companies that own brands that are only copacked?

#4 SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Principal
  • 934 posts
  • 202 thanks
Excellent

• Panama
    Panama
  • Interests:We specialize in helping small to mid-sized food, logistic and packaging companies to develop & implement SQF Systems to achieve certification in a relatively short period of time. In addition we offer a low-cost highly effective eConsultant Subscription, SQF Compliance Reviews and Internal Auditor Training. Don't let our location throw you off - Our market is the United States.
    Call us to discuss your needs 800-546-1452

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:05 AM

The co-Packers need to get certed.

You might qualify under broker for aN (example) SQF certification.

As a customer of a beverage producer however I would be more interested in seeing that each Co packer is certified.

Warm regards,

Glenn Oster

SQF Certification & Implementation Consultant

Serving clients in: USA, Centro America & Caribbean Islands

International Toll-Free: 800-546-1452

USA Skype Number: 772-646-4115

www.GlennOsterConsulting.com

#5 MariaDFC

MariaDFC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:40 AM

Thanks Glenn! Sorry for not being more detailed - our copackers are certified. Thanks for thel link. I'll investigte the "broker" option!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate