Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

We supply produce which goes out for further processing to our customers and we only use our scales for bulk weight to get the invoice weights

The debate in the office is how often we need to do validated checks internally, whether it be daily, weekly, or monthly. We receive weight return notes from most of our customers and the scales are there as more of a guide to making sure we are sending the quantity ordered.

As well as having annual scale calibration by a third party, we are validating the scales daily using certified weights. We are currently validating them daily and are seeing no issues, but with christmas approaching it might be a good idea to look at our procedures to try and look at the most effective methods.

Where is it acceptable to draw the line between very accurate scales and the time / paperwork which can we cut out?

Regards,

Chad

Lesley.Roberts

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 77 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

Hi Chad

Like yourself I work for a business to business company so there is no need to comply with packers rules.

This question has been raised before:

https://www.ifsqn.co...e-calibrations/

....and I would agree with content of that post - if you are noticing no anomalies (and have records to prove this) I believe you can reduce frequency.... this is what we have done - we're currently at weekly & no 3rd part auditor or customer has raised this as an issue?...

Edited by Lesley.Roberts, 22 November 2018 - 04:32 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users