• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:19 PM

Hi All,

I'm not sure how to respond to this consumer complaint about a piece of metal that we were sure we found in house, but it turns out that 2 pieces of the same thing were missing.

Thanks,

D. Buduroi

Ryan H.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 56 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Sports, traveling

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:25 PM

How big was the piece of metal? Was it two pieces in the same unit?

Your going to have to investigate whether or not it came from your operation, and determine the source from which it came. Your going to need a corrective action response too (Re-validation of a process, metal detection?, re-calibration if needed) It all depends on the information. 

All the best, 

Ryan Heavner 

Thanked by 1 Member:

QA/QC

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:19 PM   Best Answer

I'm just trying to figure out the appropriate wording in the response to the consumer.

Thanks,

D.

Ryan H.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 56 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Sports, traveling

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

I regret your finding of these 2 pieces of metal (size, type). I'm glad you found this prior to it being found later downstream (if applicable). We have a fully implemented and validation foreign material program and a validated metal detector (etc. etc.) and this is NOT typical for our process. We have investigated this issue and found this to be isolated (if applicable) and feel confident that this product is still safe to consume, otherwise?? 

We will take corrective actions to mitigate this issue from re-occurring... Those are as follows. We believe this will take care of this issue, sincerely, your name. 

**I'm just adding details you COULD use, but without a lot of context i truly can not tell you what exactly to say because i do not know the result of your investigation. The above is strictly to give you ideas for wording. You should be honest and take measures (real corrective actions that are going to make a difference) to fix this issue. If this is indeed isolated, they could throw of the product they have on hand, return it, etc. up to your investigation. If they find a large amount, then you have a bigger issue, as note the size of the pieces of metal.. Hopefully you received pictures, or they returned the piece to you? 

All the best, 

Ryan Heavner 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:32 AM

Many Companies have a Standard form/Apologia to streamline the follow-up. There are probably some on this Forum (somewhere).

As per previous Post the Devil is often in the Details. I can recall one example which started off - "Admit Nothing".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

You also need to double check with the legal folks prior to sending anything in writing. They may have a form that they would rather you use

On the phone however, apologize and explain at a high level how the piece ended up in your product and what you will be implementing to prevent it in future

FYI....these sort of things need to be inspected daily at pre op (and probably post sanitation as well)

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Urietabertha

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:53 PM

hello my name is bertha im new at this blog. 

i need to create a form for foreing material. i was just looking for some help?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users