- Glass policy applicable to employees (either they don't bring glass at all or keep it confined)
- "Containers, equipment and other utensils made of glass, porcelain, ceramics, laboratory glassware or other like material (except where the product is contained in packaging made from these materials, or measurement instruments with glass dial covers or MIG thermometers required under regulation) shall not be permitted in food processing /contact zones."
- "All glass objects or similar material (aka brittle plastic) in food handling/contact zones shall be listed in a glass register, including details of their location"
- Policy for how you monitor glass/brittle plastic items on production floor (such as gauges, etc. ) - do you go through your register and audit monthly? Monitoring your glass gauges daily/by shift? who does it?
- OR, alternatively a policy that NO glass/brittle plastic is present on production floor (and how you monitor it - do you have a checklist item for NO glass/brittle plastic present on your GMP audit?)
- Policy for light fixtures, gauges, windows, etc. (are they shatterproof, have a cover or film, chains, etc.)
- Procedure for glass cleanup if a breakage occurs on the floor (include product hold)
Items in quotes were taken from the SQF code, but you get the idea - who monitors, how often, where is it documented, what do you do if something breaks, etc.