I work in a wholesale bakery with an efficient allergen control program in place. We are adding a new product to our inventory and one of the new ingredients contains sulphites in less than 10 ppm per serving (by calculation). We currently don't use sulphites in the plant so we don't treat sulphites as an allergen. My question is do i have to revise the current allergen program to include sulphites even though its going to be much less than 10 ppm per product serving?
I'm aware it may be a silly question but i don't want to re-do posters signage etc. unless i absolutely have to. It would be easier to pay triple the amount for an non SO2 laden product as this proposed product is seasonal. But if i have to i will.
Regards & thanks always.