I work in the QA department in a pet food company that produces pouched products and pet food tubes. Normally during the sanitation process all the magnets we have in place are cleaned thoroughly to not only get rid of meat, but any metal shavings and the such from that days production. I was given a project where now I need to try and gather these shavings and create graphics to kind of form what is an acceptable amount left over. Now I have been doing some research on a good way to collect these shavings in a safe and logical way. I came across something called a demagnetizer and I really like its applications. However during my research I could not find enough data to prove that demagnetizing our magnet would cause permanent damage.
Any information you guys can share would be helping. Perhaps tips on how to get the metal shavings off better or general information on demagnetizers.