Lots of snow + rain + melting = minor flooding Got to love mother nature.
There is minor flooding through a door in our plant due to mother nature (an area roughly 10 ft by 10 ft or 3 meter by 3 meter) . The area is not near where product/raw ingredients are stored. It's in area where we occasionally run a packet machine with low traffic volume. Just so I'm not missing anything for my plan of action.
1. Assess the situation - determine if there's a food safety risk
2. Avoid running the packet machine until area can be cleaned/assessed
3. Remove anything in the near area (pallets, etc)
4. Mark the area off to let staff know
5. Clean the area with our floor scrubber (our floor cleaner is a detergent blend)
6. Take floor environmental swabs and yeast/mold air swabs.
7. Continue to monitor the area
Thanks. Good luck to anyone else in my situation.