The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

Now the so called auditor is trying to set us up between two CBs. And we have to choose. He is thinking he can get away like he did with the old CB and get them 100%. And as long as I am in the current position as SQFP, I need to handle it the correct way. Would it be ok if I called these new potential CBs (confidentially perhaps) and told them that we used him previously with another CB and he gave us 100% when we didn't deserve it and that we need another auditor? I am really thinking of doing that because I don't want that lousy auditor to just throw away all my hard work. Let me know your thoughts! 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

Agree with Majoy in terms of being honest, and helping to see if the prospective company does align more with your values. During my interview I said straight up that my priority is food safety, not profits, not the directors. A little risky perhaps but then I wouldn't want to work for a shady company or even spend time starting to work for them only to find it's not working out. Though I've not been in a position of interviewing candidates so will be interesting to hear from TMs etc.

I hope you find a better place soon, and the management face the consequences of their actions.

MsMars

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 606 posts
  • 194 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

Just another thought - personally when I see a 100% on any supplier's audit certificate, I smell complete B.S. and am more likely to scrutinize the supplier very closely.

Edited by MsMars, 09 May 2019 - 03:25 PM.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,510 posts
  • 1515 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

Ted talks are available on apple TV if you have it....

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users