• Quick Navigation
Photo

How do you deal with paperwork for attaching to pallets?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

bmart

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

Unsure what category this question falls under so I'll try it here...

How do you all deal with paperwork that is attached to pallets that get broken down over time?

For instance: if we have a non-conforming product, we put a hold sticker and a document on the pallet indicating that the product should not be used. Sometimes, these products end up being reworked. During the rework process, the stretch wrap is removed and bags are slowly taken off the pallet over time. As the pallet gets broken down the hold stickers and paperwork may get lost due to them being placed on the stretch wrap that surrounds the product or on one of the bags being used.

The easiest fix for this I can think of is to adhere the hold sticker/paper work directly to the pallet but I am unsure of the best way of doing this.

Thanks for the help!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

I would add plastic sheet holders to the pallet racking (if you have it)  then the sheets can be put in there

Also, the production lead should be giving these to you when removed....and each UNIT should have a QA release sticker put on that says simple detail..........like released for rework and why

https://www.google.c...iact=mrc&uact=8

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

In our process, production lead hand / supervisor ensures that these papers attached to the pallet are kept/returned to QA.

This may just be an issue of responsibility and accountability in production.. But waterproof/weather proof that paper as scampi said.

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,609 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:24 PM

We have sheets that are laminated and we write on them with dry erase markers. Several lines of data can fit on them and you can make copies of them as you use them to keep data current

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,662 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:11 PM

I see mostly perma sleaves attached to the pallets - these re plastic with resealable ends and are about 10 inch long by about 2.5-3.5 inch width.  Amazingly durable and the glue back once peeled is intended to adhere to plastic, rubber or wood and unless you get a tool to pry it off, they are not coming off.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:30 AM

You may have to do multiple attachments / tags such as the current tagging and then additional tags at the bottom of the pallet under the shrink wrap.  This way the tag stays there even as bags are pulled off during the rework process.

In my former company we used 3 X 5 adhesive labels which were color coded red for hold.  These would be installed on the bottom of each side of the pallet partially adhering to the material (under shrink wrap) and the pallet itself.  We still had larger 8.5 X 11 hold tags on each side of the pallet.

Thanked by 1 Member:

bmart

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for all of the great advice! 

Share this