• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I have searched this topic but have found conflicting results.

I wanted to verify if I am including the right information on the footer of the documents I have created.

Currently we have the following:

- Section #

- Page #

- Issue date:

- Revision #:

- Prepared by:

- Approved by:

Not sure if I need to omit or add things to the footer.

I am also wondering if the footer has to be present on records as well, for example: temperature, cleaning and sanitation.... records that are filled out by personnel.

Thank you!

Jenna

Edited by jperri, 17 July 2019 - 01:35 PM.

#2 Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 17,371 posts
  • 4836 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

Hello everyone,

I wanted to verify if I am including the right information on the footer of the documents I have created.

- Section #

- Page #

- Issue date:

- Revision #:

- Prepared by:

- Approved by:

I am also wondering if the footer has to be present on records as well, for example: temperature, cleaning and sanitation.... records that are filled out by personnel.

Thank you!

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

I think you will find that no GFSI-recognized FS Standard specifies a particular format.

The typical, minimum, requirement is to include any Code-specified, document "characteristics".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

#3 The Food Scientist

The Food Scientist

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 926 posts
  • 241 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

Hello everyone,

- Section #

- Page #

- Issue date:

- Revision #:

- Prepared by:

- Approved by:

Thank you!

Jenna

That's more than enough! And yes you may add them on records. Just like Charles said, there is no required format for any GFSI scheme. I think it just makes navigation between documents a lot easier for you, your employees and auditor. 

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Thanked by 1 Member:

#4 jperri

jperri

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:01 PM

Thank you for your responses! :spoton:

I appreciate it, I thought there was a certain requirement. 

#5 erin.m.v

erin.m.v

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 58 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

Hi Jenna,

I highly recommend not including so much information in your header/footer format. I found maintaining all of that information to be too time consuming and clunky. Also, you may have some documents/forms that apply to more than one section, which makes including the section names messier.

We use document/form title, version number, effective date, and page count.

Another thing to consider is that having more information included in the header/footer opens you up to the possibility of there being more discrepancies between the information on your documents/forms and your document register. Minimizing the information contained in the header/footer also minimizes the possibility of document register-related audit non-conformances, which are my least favorite type!

Best of luck to you and your team!

Sincerely,

Erin

Thanked by 1 Member:

#6 jperri

jperri

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

Hi Jenna,

I highly recommend not including so much information in your header/footer format. I found maintaining all of that information to be too time consuming and clunky. Also, you may have some documents/forms that apply to more than one section, which makes including the section names messier.

We use document/form title, version number, effective date, and page count.

Another thing to consider is that having more information included in the header/footer opens you up to the possibility of there being more discrepancies between the information on your documents/forms and your document register. Minimizing the information contained in the header/footer also minimizes the possibility of document register-related audit non-conformances, which are my least favorite type!

Best of luck to you and your team!

Sincerely,

Erin

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the feedback!!

I just edited my footer now, it looks a lot cleaner and I only included (what I found to be) the most important or useful information for tracking and organizing the records.

I only included that much information originally because (for some reason) I thought that was part of the code.

Jenna

#7 erin.m.v

erin.m.v

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 17 posts
  • 58 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

Hi Erin,

Thanks for the feedback!!

I just edited my footer now, it looks a lot cleaner and I only included (what I found to be) the most important or useful information for tracking and organizing the records.

I only included that much information originally because (for some reason) I thought that was part of the code.

Jenna

I completely understand. I went through the same process. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate