SQF E8, 91% safety, all minors.
Some that I remember (may not be in the most recent audit):
- chemical spill kit was not placed in chemical room
- missing screw on conveyor belt
- washroom in warehouse only have 1 door and is therefore considered open to product
- no allergen assessment for lubricant oil
- food defense and crisis mgmt program were in place, but no chanllenge exercise for the year
- no trademark protection for disposed packaging material
Ones I'm still thinking about:
1) Missing a corner of glass lunch table in lunchroom. Auditor said our glass&brittle registry didn't include lunchroom and there was no monitoring for such a big piece of broken glass table.
As a CA we changed it to a wood lunch table. I recently came to work for a new SQF certified company, and they don't consider lunchroom in the glass control program either. I still don't think this should be a concern. If we consider glass control in lunchroom, we'll need to revise sanitation program as well (which now only refers to production area).
On this forum I read someone from 2013 received 2 NCs in BRC audit, one for "no lunchroom glass registry", one for "no monitoring for lunchroom glass". Seems like BRC has changed now, but for SQF we got this NC in 2017 edition 7.2.
2) Forklift sanitary control - how to monitor cross contamination for forklifts driving in and out of loading truck, warehouse and production area?
Edited by yiyi, 18 September 2019 - 08:23 PM.