The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

I have a question those working in the seafood industry or anyone dealing with seafood and have developed a seafood haccp program, Can anyone reccomend any online accredited seafood haccp training? Is this one good? Also they have the haccp courses in categories based on US State, why does it differ from state to state? I don't think it does...if I moved to another state it'll still be valid, correct? 

https://store.360tra...&storeId=116751

Edited by The Food Scientist, 06 September 2019 - 08:37 PM.

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,693 posts
  • 1148 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:10 AM

My first HACCP certification was in seafood. The training was offered by the FDA in conjunction the New York Sea Grant via Cornell University. Only one to recommend.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:53 AM

I'm not in USA but IIRC, the standard, FDA recognized, Seafood haccp course is that developed by the Seafood HACCP Alliance. Offered widely in USA from a quick Google.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

My first HACCP certification was in seafood. The training was offered by the FDA in conjunction the New York Sea Grant via Cornell University. Only one to recommend.

I saw that one but I understood that its half online and have in-class? or is it fully online? I need one that is fully online. 

Edited by The Food Scientist, 09 September 2019 - 04:05 PM.

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Fishlady

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:48 AM

The online course from Cornell University is the officially recognized curriculum. You can complete the first 2 days material online but must attend the 3rd day in person to receive a certificate.

FDA does not require a certificate if you can prove that you have sufficient knowledge and experience to properly implement a HACCP system. However, it is beneficial to go through the full class in order to better understand the nuances of the regulations. And with the in-person day you can interact with other students and learn from them as well.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users