• Quick Navigation
Photo

HACCP Plan For Frozen Curries (cooked meals)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Kanishka Silva

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

Hi.I would like to know about what are the critical control points in Blast freezing cooked meals (rice & curries ) for catering purpose. Initial plan is to fast freeze cooked  meals using a Blast freezer and store them in a deep freezer ( -18C ) until to the point of serving.I would like to know what are the safety concerns in thawing blast frozen cooked meals and what are the hazards that can during the process. Please let me how I should approach to create a HACCP Plan for this.Any Assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Kanishka

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 24 September 2019 - 09:34 PM

Hi.I would like to know about what are the critical control points in Blast freezing cooked meals (rice & curries ) for catering purpose. Initial plan is to fast freeze cooked  meals using a Blast freezer and store them in a deep freezer ( -18C ) until to the point of serving.I would like to know what are the safety concerns in thawing blast frozen cooked meals and what are the hazards that can during the process. Please let me how I should approach to create a HACCP Plan for this.Any Assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Kanishka

Before you create a haccp plan you need to specify a process.

IMEX freezing is not normally associated with a CCP. although it occasionally happens.

Thawing similar comment.

The cooling step after cooking is often a CCP withh respect to the temperature/time profile..

The theory is not simple due to the range of possibilities/pathogens involved. These 2 ref. explain some of the basic requirements  -

Attached File  PCHF-Guidance-Chapter-4_01-17-2018.pdf   311.58KB   75 downloads

(see pg 18 et seq)

Attached File  USDA, recommended cooking and rapid cooling procedures.pdf   563.83KB   80 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Kanishka Silva

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Sri Lanka
    Sri Lanka

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:11 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. I have attached a copy of production flow chart ( process) and mentioned critical control points and control points in that. If you can check it and let me know anything needs to be changed, I would be grateful for your support.

Attached Files

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:29 AM

Thank you very much for your reply. I have attached a copy of production flow chart ( process) and mentioned critical control points and control points in that. If you can check it and let me know anything needs to be changed, I would be grateful for your support.

Hi Kanishka,

Thks flowchart.

A few comments -

(1) It can depend on yr "scope" but IMEX most haccp plans exclude "Purchasing" stage and end at "Dispatch"

(2) Unclear as to the meaning of box marked "Production".

(3) IMO, freezing and storage steps are not CCPs

(4) IMO, noting "CP" steps is superfluous unless mandated by the relevant Food Standard.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

mkartistik

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

What does CP in the flow chart mean? Critical point? If yes, then is it compulsory to add CP in the process flow?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users