Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 91 posts
  • 60 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:47 PM

We are a farm.  And while I would love to buy the nice Vikan/Remco type of colored HACCP tools, the reality is that management isn't going to pay the premium.  

Anyway, historically they have just wrapped a piece of colored duct tape on their C&S tools and moved on.  I don't like that solution for lots of reasons, but I've googled and not come up with anything that would work better.  Ideally it would be something that would be wider than duct tape so that it is easier to identify AND would do a better job of adhering to the handle.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that has had to try and solve this issue and so I figured that I would ask for advice.  You can skip the lectures.  I've made the arguments, had Remco in, etc.  It is what it is.  

Anyway, any constructive suggestions would be appreciated.  We're starting back up soon and I would love to have the tools better identified before that happens.

Thanks a lot,

Todd

LostMyMind

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 91 posts
  • 60 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:10 PM

Never mind.  I think that we will just spray paint the handles.  I would delete the post, but can't seem to figure out how to do that.  

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:43 PM

There's this dip you can buy that forms a nice cushioned grip on handles:

https://www.homedepo...603-6/202196703

$6.97