• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:34 PM

Hi Everyone!

I have recently been promoted to QA Manager and I'm hitting the ground running. Last year we did 1/4ly GMP refresher trainings and got absolutely no where with them. This year, I was able to get our production scheduled around a mandatory day or training, off site. I'm still pinching myself to see if it's all a dream. I don't want to waste a single minute, but also don't want to shove a ton of information down their throat. We have a great crew that, for the most part, really do believe in food safety and best practice.

I would LOVE some tips on what to do and not to do! I've taken "Train the Trainer" courses before, but this will be my biggest training today. We'll have about 70 people in a good training space. We'll have good food, coffee, plenty of room. I plan on doing hands on activities. I have three of our contractors coming in to talk on subjects like chemicals, pest control, and foreign material. I have my Manager's on board to talk about Maintenance and Sanitation. I have our activities committee

Here is a rough agenda of the day planned:

8:30a-9:00a Personnel Practices, Hygiene and Handwashing (QA Tech)

9:00-9:30a Allergens: salt demonstration for ppm that will cause a reaction (Ops Mgr)

10:00a- 10:15a Break Time/Scooby Snacks/Activities

10:15-11:15a Pest Control (Pest Tech)

11:15-12:15 Chemical Control (Chem Rep) 

12:00-12:30a Lunch provided by The Branch

(Pass out Workplace Safety Agreement- HR Mgr)

12:30-1:00 Sanitation/SSOPs (Ops Mgr)/ATP(QA Mgr)

1:00-1:30 Maintenance (Maint Mgr)

1:30-2:00 Intro to Sanitary Design (Maint Super)

2:00p-2:15p Break Time/Scooby Snacks/Activities

2:15-3:00 HACCP/Foreign Material Control (MD Tech) (QA Mgr)

3:00-3:30 Traceability (QA Tech)

3:30-4:00 Document Control and Record Management (QA Tech)

4:00-5:00 1 Year Safe, 10 Year Anniversary, Plant Wide Announcements, Hunger Action Month Activities (GM)

4:45p Award for group with best participation

Adjourn 5:00pm

What activities have you done that really stick with your team members? We are planning to do the whole black light and ATP demo for hand washing. We are also planning to play with Legos to build something going off poor and well written SOPs. Any fun ideas for maintenance topics? We will have Maintenance, Production, QA, Supervisors, Managers and Office staff present at this training. We want to highlight "see something, say something", food safety just like safety, and integrity. 

Thank you! :thumbup:

Thanked by 2 Members:

hoangvu1511

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:37 AM

Hi Everyone!

I have recently been promoted to QA Manager and I'm hitting the ground running. Last year we did 1/4ly GMP refresher trainings and got absolutely no where with them. This year, I was able to get our production scheduled around a mandatory day or training, off site. I'm still pinching myself to see if it's all a dream. I don't want to waste a single minute, but also don't want to shove a ton of information down their throat. We have a great crew that, for the most part, really do believe in food safety and best practice.

I would LOVE some tips on what to do and not to do! I've taken "Train the Trainer" courses before, but this will be my biggest training today. We'll have about 70 people in a good training space. We'll have good food, coffee, plenty of room. I plan on doing hands on activities. I have three of our contractors coming in to talk on subjects like chemicals, pest control, and foreign material. I have my Manager's on board to talk about Maintenance and Sanitation. I have our activities committee

Here is a rough agenda of the day planned:

8:30a-9:00a Personnel Practices, Hygiene and Handwashing (QA Tech)

9:00-9:30a Allergens: salt demonstration for ppm that will cause a reaction (Ops Mgr)

10:00a- 10:15a Break Time/Scooby Snacks/Activities

10:15-11:15a Pest Control (Pest Tech)

11:15-12:15 Chemical Control (Chem Rep) 

12:00-12:30a Lunch provided by The Branch

(Pass out Workplace Safety Agreement- HR Mgr)

12:30-1:00 Sanitation/SSOPs (Ops Mgr)/ATP(QA Mgr)

1:00-1:30 Maintenance (Maint Mgr)

1:30-2:00 Intro to Sanitary Design (Maint Super)

2:00p-2:15p Break Time/Scooby Snacks/Activities

2:15-3:00 HACCP/Foreign Material Control (MD Tech) (QA Mgr)

3:00-3:30 Traceability (QA Tech)

3:30-4:00 Document Control and Record Management (QA Tech)

4:00-5:00 1 Year Safe, 10 Year Anniversary, Plant Wide Announcements, Hunger Action Month Activities (GM)

4:45p Award for group with best participation

Adjourn 5:00pm

What activities have you done that really stick with your team members? We are planning to do the whole black light and ATP demo for hand washing. We are also planning to play with Legos to build something going off poor and well written SOPs. Any fun ideas for maintenance topics? We will have Maintenance, Production, QA, Supervisors, Managers and Office staff present at this training. We want to highlight "see something, say something", food safety just like safety, and integrity. 

Thank you! :thumbup:

Hi .

Me too, I promoted in last month (QA manager). I also want creating plan training for new employee and staffs. Thanks for agenda of you.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users