Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 77 posts
  • 37 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

In the middle of our SQF audit at present, auditor just notified us that we will receive a minor for 2.1.5.1 (under the Quality code).  Specifically, our plan does not include a provision for "maintain a continuity of supply". 

Fundamentally, I have an issue with this requirement being in the code at all.  That aside, how do you accomplish this realistically?  Can anyone share how they are meeting the code requirements? We are a small company and have one plant.  From a business perspective, a large inventory of goods is unrealistic and bad practice.  

Thanks in advance for your help.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,674 posts
  • 1141 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:47 PM

It's not what you think it is and I am surprized the way it is written or delivered by the Auditor - he/she could simply say you don't have a contingency plan to cover this aspect of the code.

2.1.5.1 The crisis management plan prepared by senior site management shall include the methods by which the site shall, in the event of a crisis, maintain continuity of supply that meets the customers' product and service quality requirements. 2.1.5.2 The site shall contact their customers in the event of a crisis that impacts their ability to supply quality product.

2.1.5.1 has absolutely nothing to do with this part of your statement: From a business perspective, a large inventory of goods is unrealistic and bad practice.  

At base the question and provision for it is simple - how does your company ensure that you continue to supply your customers in a crisis situation -- this could include things like having an arrangement with a co-packer, another company, etc to make  your product for you until your crisis has been resolved. It could include things like having a contingency plan that might include moving non-effected product, raw materials, etc to a trailers that you have avaialbe or can get,etc.

It has nothing to do with back-stocking product, etc.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 24 October 2019 - 01:51 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users