• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:01 PM

Dear folks,

One of my facilities just received an unsatisfactory for pest control due to where our bait stations are located. Our compression room is located in a separate building from our processing facility / storage. There in no way to access this building except from the outside by a key card entry. 

On the interior of the wall inside the compression room there is what you would call a "traditional exterior bait trap" for rodents. 

Any way to get this knocked down? I do not believe since the building is not connected to the processing facility or storage that it should be within the scope for the failure. 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,614 posts
  • 1133 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

Did you exclude this exterior building?

Exterior bait stations can not be used in a building - there is no way around this one.

It should be a major however and not a failure.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Private CONSULTANT

(Food, Emerging Financials & Supplements)

ceo - Goodstart Coastal Enterprises, LLC

United States of the Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 681 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

If the building is not included in the scope and the bait station was being stored there, would there actually be a food safety risk? Was it put there for the purpose of pest control? If you administer your own pest control program (which I would not suggest) you would need to store unused equipment somewhere safe, in a non-production area. If it wasn't in the scope, how could he have seen it? Sorry, more questions than answers.

Edited by Hoosiersmoker, 26 November 2019 - 03:08 PM.

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

If the building is not included in the scope and the bait station was being stored there, would there actually be a food safety risk? Was it put there for the purpose of pest control? If you administer your own pest control program (which I would not suggest) you would need to store unused equipment somewhere safe, in a non-production area. If it wasn't in the scope, how could he have seen it? Sorry, more questions than answers.

Maybe the confusion is due to choice of wording? I don't know that the OP is saying the building is excluded from the scope of the audit. I think the OP is saying since this building is not connected to the production area at all, that it shouldn't have been written as a failure in the audit.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users