• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:26 PM

Hi,

I know that here are several other posts in the forum regarding Glass and brittle plastic register, but I'm looking for a template for the risk assessment behind the check list you use. Does anyone have examples to show me? 

In our production the product is mostly closed, so I don't see the need for checking light, buttons etc in areas where the product is fully enclosed, but on the same time I want to document that I have considered the risk..

Hope anyone can help :)

arahman

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 75 posts
  • 27 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

I don't have a checklist but I use a form to note down anything I notice during inspection/internal audits. 

Our internal audits are risk based and with closed finished product goods we only do an yearly inspection of glass/chemicals.

Attached Files

Edited by arahman, 10 December 2019 - 12:49 PM.

Thanked by 4 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:53 PM

Hi,

I know that here are several other posts in the forum regarding Glass and brittle plastic register, but I'm looking for a template for the risk assessment behind the check list you use. Does anyone have examples to show me? 

In our production the product is mostly closed, so I don't see the need for checking light, buttons etc in areas where the product is fully enclosed, but on the same time I want to document that I have considered the risk..

Hope anyone can help :)

Hi Anna,

The possible logics involved in risk assessment are illustrated in the 2 attachments below -

Attached File  Risk assessment, Safefood360.ppt   1.56MB   687 downloads

Attached File  Safefood360 white paper - Glass and hard Plastic Control.pdf   1.56MB   626 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 4 Members:

AnnaAnka

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

Thank you both for your input - I will use it as guidance when I try to get this in system ;)

Agnes_Lus

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:36 AM

Hi Anna,

Please find below, it is a Glass/Plastic inventory register / record 2 in 1. To use it as a form we simply hide the columns leaving only the month we are in, columns E to J, then in the month we filter out blanks and that leaves us with what is scheduled to check in that particular month.

In a separate tab you will find the flow chart for the risk assessment that determines frequency of checks. You can adjust if you wish to make it work for you.

We use the same template for Wood Inventory.

Edited by aluszczyk, 12 December 2019 - 11:37 AM.

Thanked by 3 Members:

AnnaAnka

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:47 PM

Thank you so much aluszczyk - this was exactly what I was looking for! :happydance:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

Hi Anna,

Please find below, it is a Glass/Plastic inventory register / record 2 in 1. To use it as a form we simply hide the columns leaving only the month we are in, columns E to J, then in the month we filter out blanks and that leaves us with what is scheduled to check in that particular month.

In a separate tab you will find the flow chart for the risk assessment that determines frequency of checks. You can adjust if you wish to make it work for you.

Hi aluszczyk,

Many thanks for posting yr file.

I have one comment. I noticed that yr risk assessment/register seems to not have any direct mention/risk assessment where specific items are protected.

For example, I noticed yr high level lights are categorized as "High Risk".

IMEX all lights anywhere in a manufacturig facility are expected to be fully protected so that the likelihood/risk of contamination is consequently Low/negligible.

PS - Strictly speaking, a differentiation between risk/likelihood/severity is probably more accurate however it's not unusual to see a semantic  "jump" in risk assessment forms which auditors either do not notice/understand or simply don't care anyway. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Agnes_Lus

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:59 AM

aluszczyk, on 12 Dec 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi Anna,

Hi aluszczyk,

I have one comment. I noticed that yr risk assessment/register seems to not have any direct mention/risk assessment where specific items are protected.

IMEX all lights anywhere in a manufacturig facility are expected to be fully protected so that the likelihood/risk of contamination is consequently Low/negligible.

PS - Strictly speaking, a differentiation between risk/likelihood/severity is probably more accurate however it's not unusual to see a semantic  "jump" in risk assessment forms which auditors either do not notice/understand or simply don't care anyway.  :smile:

Hi aluszczyk,

I have one comment. I noticed that yr risk assessment/register seems to not have any direct mention/risk assessment where specific items are protected.

IMEX all lights anywhere in a manufacturig facility are expected to be fully protected so that the likelihood/risk of contamination is consequently Low/negligible.

PS - Strictly speaking, a differentiation between risk/likelihood/severity is probably more accurate however it's not unusual to see a semantic  "jump" in risk assessment forms which auditors either do not notice/understand or simply don't care anyway. :smile:

Hi Charles,

I should probably downgrade these areas now, but believe me or not, when I started working in the place where this register is from, they were high risk in the low ceiling areas and we had couple of forklift drivers who kept driving pallets into them quite regularly smashing them completely (and the CCTV coverage was low, so they were lucky to get away with it for quite long time). The risk assessment had reflected this reality - as it should - but requires update now as these dangerous drivers are now gone, we have introduced regular driver assessments, stopped forklifts from going into these areas, and we have strict policy on reporting incidents on the spot (where non-reporting is classed as gross misconduct) and financial contributions to damage repair - so generally speaking the number of incidents with forklifts has gone right down.

We have been working very hard for the past 3 years to reverse 12 years of poor management in the operational, H&S and FS aspects and the work is not yet finished, but we see plenty of progress and loads of changing attitudes :).

corne@kuipersgroup.co.za

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 08 December 2022 - 03:17 PM

Hi Anna,

The possible logics involved in risk assessment are illustrated in the 2 attachments below -

attachicon.gif Risk assessment, Safefood360.ppt

attachicon.gif Safefood360 white paper - Glass and hard Plastic Control.pdf

Hi Anna

Thank you, with small changes this can also work for me, I've tried likelihood and severity even included exposure, but just couldn't get it to work, your risk assessment changed my mind on how to approach.  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users