• IFSQN Associate
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:31 PM

Hi All

What do you all use as an alternative to sticky/glue boards for pest indicators in your amenities/stores.

currently we use them and check them daily prior to production however during one our customer audits it was raised that we needed to check them over the weekend to ensure no rodents were stuck on them for a extended period of time.

our solution was to removed access to the stick boards over the weekend which has not been rejected and being told the use of sticky boards are unacceptable.

so it brings me to my question what does everyone else use for pest indicators and what are there recommendations.

Regards

Mark

Juribe

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:32 PM

This sounds a bit unusual to me, but I also do not know your operation or product(s). Ultimately it would come down to the risk of pest/rodent activity at your facility. 

Our facility is relatively low-risk for pest/rodent activity. At our facility we have interior Tin Cat stations along perimeter walls that contain glue traps. These are checked every 2-weeks internally. We also have exterior bait station traps that are managed by a pest company. These are checked once per month. 

Does your pest prevention program state the traps must be checked daily, and could this by why the customer is demanding them to be checked on weekends? I have not found any sort of trap system that works better than a glue trap for roaches, bugs, etc., but if you are looking for traps for rodents there are a handful online I found with a simple google search.

A discussion with the customer could really go a long way here. If you could show a trend analysis from past data showing low activity this could sway them to allow you to not check on the weekend. You could also find out what they would like you to use other than a glue trap.

At the end of the day the customer is always right...

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:42 PM

Never heard of a customer audit requiring the checking / inspection of glue board based pest devices.  Typically, the weekly / monthly checks are acceptable.  

Does the customer have a specific standard in their requirements where this is written?  I would ask them for that.  If, your policy / procedure states "checked daily" then I'd rewrite your policy / procedure for a frequency that you are comfortable with and which takes care of the risk.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users