• Quick Navigation
Photo

When should the HACCP / TACCP / VACCP Plan be reviewed?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Vijay Singh Baghel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:34 AM

When the HACCP / TACCP / VACCP , Food defense Plan should be review ?

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:12 AM

Is this for a particular certification scheme?

I believe most standards would suggest at least once per year as a routine review, but you'd also need to review in the event of potential changes that could affect the plan(s).

Thanked by 1 Member:

Andy_Yellows

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 201 posts
  • 37 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Football, Dr Pepper

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

Hi Vijay, I tend to review and update these documents every January as this is a quiet time for us which allows me to lend plenty of time to it (I would guess choosing a month to dedicate to all reviews is fairly standard practice). Most certification bodies would expect at minimum an annual review but as pHruit stated above you should also review it when changes are made to products or operations that are not covered currently or when these changes render the current documentation obsolete. Make sure there's a header or footer on each page stating the date of review and the next scheduled review month

On the Ball, City

Hank Major

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 317 posts
  • 101 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:10 PM

An auditor told me that Plans should be reviewed about 6 months after/before the scheduled audit.  He cited a number of reasons.  First, you need time since the last audit for the system to adjust to any changes implemented due to the audit findings.  Second, you need to allow time before the scheduled audit, because if a serious issue is discovered, at least 3 months of monitoring data will be needed to show that the problem has been brought under control, plus whatever time it takes to actually bring the problem under control.  Third, seasonal issues such as insects and fluctuating storage temperatures need to be highlighted either by the audit itself or during the review.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users