• Quick Navigation
Photo

The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a hoax thread - the ONLY topic for discussing alternate theories

Share this

Best Answer , 16 April 2020 - 12:49 PM

IFSQN have decided to close this topic to new posts and leave it in place on the forum.

Before closing it, I wanted to make this final post as a footnote.

As previously mentioned IFSQN are great believers in free speech and healthy debate.

Though widely understood definitions of free speech and healthy debate exist each one of us will have our own unique interpretations and our own distinct boundaries.

We are living in unprecedented times where people fear for their own lives and the lives of their friends and family and many people are concerned about their livelihoods. Moreover, there will be many visitors to the website who have been directly affected.

There is a wider question as to whether such an emotive topic should ever be discussed here, but the consensus is certainly not in these times.

This message came out loud and clear from members both on the public forum and in private messages and we have listened.

To members old and new you have demonstrated great professionalism, respect, and intelligence throughout this debate, and this makes me immensely proud of the fantastic community we have here at IFSQN.

Thank you,

Simon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic
* - - - - 1 votes

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,660 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:44 PM

Let's face it, it is all nonsense.

Folks, please wake up the reality of where this is all going.

2018 - 38,000 people die in the US from seasonal flu. - not a pandemic

2019 - 35,000 people die in the US from seasonal flu. (estimated) - not a pandemic

2020 - 3,700 people die in the US thus far from what is considered a low-level flu - PANDEMIC!

And most of the 3,700 were due to indirects.

Please look up Event 201 -- This was a planned event.

The world is being taken over and no one fired a shot - at least not yet.

HOAX on a grand scale - biggest false flag in history and people are sitting at home watching lies on TV.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:22 PM

Glen, you have the exact same idea as some people i know all citing the Event 201 as justification of what was happening in the world.

At this point, it is not up to what WE (or as an individual person) believe anymore.

If you are working in a food manufacturing facility and under government oversight (USDA, CFIA etc.) and they are telling you that you should put a procedure in place for the "outbreak", are you going to tell them NO and that this is a hoax? this is a planned event and argue that more people die from seasonal flu?

You cannot just choose to ignore the GOVERNMENT as an employee or even as business owners - our hands are tied.

I respect other people's opinion on this "pandemic", but to operate a business in this time, you have to comply with the government regulations - you simply cannot impose what you PERSONALLY believe anymore.

Now, if this is really staged event and there is a group or people who made up all this pandemic -- good for them, they are so good to put all the countries to its knees. Its done, no turning back on this.

Let's just share our professional advice here on what we are doing to address the requirements of the government to be able to operate our businesses and make safe food available for the public.

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Thanked by 4 Members:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:41 PM

Let's face it, it is all nonsense.

Folks, please wake up the reality of where this is all going.

2018 - 38,000 people die in the US from seasonal flu. - not a pandemic

2019 - 35,000 people die in the US from seasonal flu. (estimated) - not a pandemic

2020 - 3,700 people die in the US thus far from what is considered a low-level flu - PANDEMIC!

And most of the 3,700 were due to indirects.

HOAX on a grand scale - biggest false flag in history and people are sitting at home watching lies on TV.

I really don't know how you can say this....is Dr. Fauci the same Dr. F you were referring to in other posts?  Read the article linked below...

https://www.theatlan...ealthy/608554/?

Anthony Fauci: No. What we have right now is something that’s very different and very acute and very threatening. And the reason people are getting anxiety about it—in some respects, appropriately so—is because it seems that no one is safe from this. It’s a diffuse respiratory illness that has a high degree of morbidity and mortality, particularly among certain vulnerable populations, like the elderly and those with underlying conditions. This is unprecedented. I’ve been doing this a long time, and I’ve never seen anything like this.

If you go back—and I’ve been doing this for about 36 years, starting with the early years of HIV/AIDS—each of the outbreaks has a different flavor to them. Some are scary, but the reality is not that bad. Like Ebola—everyone got frightened by Ebola, but there really was no chance in the United States that we would have a diffuse outbreak of Ebola, because of the way Ebola spreads.

Nicholas: Was the U.S. adequately prepared for the pandemic?

Fauci: If you have an overwhelming pandemic, there’s almost no degree of preparedness that can prevent all the suffering and death. There are relative degrees of preparedness. And in that regard, [the U.S. leads] in the level of preparedness. But, obviously, as you can see [with] what is playing out right now, when you have something with the force of a pandemic, it appears that you are not well prepared.

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,660 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:41 PM

Refer to New England Journal of Medicine.

A peer publication.

Dr. Fauci is pretty much telling the truth to his fellow doctors who are for the most part the reader of the NEJ.

Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci will then get on TV a number of times and tell people virtually the exact opposite of what he said in the well regarded NEJ.

He is afterall a government shrill.

I absolutely love listening to Richie from Boston, someone who I've listened to for quite a while now - way before this hoax pandemic thing started.

You'll find the NEJ article entry and the date of publication in one of this most recent videos.

Some folks are offended by what I write, and like Richie, I really don't care how people feel about what I have written here - I love my country, always have, I love the people and that is all I really care about.

https://www.youtube....hie from boston

Edited by SQFconsultant, 02 April 2020 - 05:51 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

kettlecorn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 45 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:00 PM

I really don't know how you can say this....is Dr. Fauci the same Dr. F you were referring to in other posts?  Read the article linked below...

https://www.theatlan...ealthy/608554/?

Yeah, first of all, the article in the NEJM by Fauci et al. (which can be found herehttps://www.nejm.org...bOjcWd2Li-xXZHs ) was likely written at the end of February, since the most recent statistics they cite are from February 26th. Many people who have never written a peer-reviewed article or dealt with a peer-reviewed process don't realize how long it takes to get published. Just because it was published on March 26th doesn't mean it reflects the most up-to-date information or the current views of the authors now that new information is available.

The first U.S. death from  Covid-19 was on February 29th. By March 1st, the U.S. had, according to the CDC, 30 confirmed cases and 2 deaths. Just a week ago, the death toll was a little above 1000. As of today, according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins, there are 234,462 confirmed cases and 5607 deaths: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

That is indeed near exponential growth. Current projections of around 100,000 to 200,000 deaths in the U.S. seem credible, since the growth of the virus likely won't peak for a few more weeks at least, and that's with all the extraordinary efforts of mitigation strategies, lockdowns, and social distancing. If that's not a pandemic, I don't want to see one that is. 

Our company is basically following guidelines like what The Food Scientist outlines above. We are doing everything we can to encourage employees not to congregate in groups (including by staggering lunches because our break room is not large), to try to keep six feet apart if at all possible, and to ensure that they will be paid if they need to self-isolate for the recommended two weeks in order to incentive them to protect themselves and others. 

Edited by kettlecorn, 02 April 2020 - 08:03 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

wtheriot

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 25 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:22 PM

Refer to New England Journal of Medicine.

A peer publication.

Dr. Fauci is pretty much telling the truth to his fellow doctors who are for the most part the reader of the NEJ.

Unfortunately, Dr. Fauci will then get on TV a number of times and tell people virtually the exact opposite of what he said in the well regarded NEJ.

He is afterall a government shrill.

I absolutely love listening to Richie from Boston, someone who I've listened to for quite a while now - way before this hoax pandemic thing started.

You'll find the NEJ article entry and the date of publication in one of this most recent videos.

Some folks are offended by what I write, and like Richie, I really don't care how people feel about what I have written here - I love my country, always have, I love the people and that is all I really care about.

https://www.youtube....hie from boston

I again have to state that this is the most unprofessional statement I have read on this forum. It gets even worse form someone who has continuously cited his experience as an "auditor" and now sells his consulting services.

Regardless of your personal opinion, the world has initiated a "pandemic" response, requiring all of us under a GFSI to work our programs to the max and help each other. This help may be to ensure employee safety (for those that feel this is a serious health risk) OR to pass the next audit following this situation. I assure you, audiotrs WILL BE REVIEWING CRISIS MANAGEMENT procedures.

Absolutely nothing helpful about the above comment or other posts concerning COVID-19.

Today our city ordinances increased  and now required us as an essential business to remain open, we must do health screening in the form of respiratory test or temperature test. We have been assessing our document needs as well as testing our protocols once someone is sent home with a high temperature. Again, we have our local and state government requiring us to do this and now are being inspected by any one of several city departments to ensure we are compliant. we aren't real interested in tin hat theories about hoaxes, we are seeking solid risk based assessments and documentation.

Thanked by 3 Members:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,660 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:22 AM

Unprofessional?

Look - take over of the United States is just about complete and now the military housecleaning crews will come in to straighten up some issues that need to taken care of so to speak.

We all have naturally occuring viruses inside of us, some more than others - they work in conjunction with your immume system, this is a fact.

And as Richie mentions in this video YOU CAN NOT GET A VIRUS UNLESS IT IS INJECTED INTO YOU.

It has been a blessing to me to have a bio medical researcher in my life and being able to look and discern the truth, I got swayed in the beginning but I turned it around and realized the truth and as terrifying as it is I have attempted to help others to see this is so much bigger and more evil than the lies coming out of every mouth of government, news media, etc.etc.

I don't beleive for a moment that it is unprofessional of me to sound the alarm, I haven't seen anyone else on here do so and there are a number of folks that I know of that watch these boards and have the knowledge of exactly what I am talking about.

You are welcome to call me all sorts of terrible things, unprofessional, whatever. But the one thing you won't be able to say about me is that I didn't warn you.

This will be my last posting on the subject -- listen to Richie if you still think this is all real and everything will be better once they stop producing trillions out of thin air and a *vaccine comes along.

*The CV vaccine would contain actual CV and it survives in a tube simply with the presence of embryotic tissue (from aborted babies.)

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

kettlecorn

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 131 posts
  • 45 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:06 AM

This will be my last posting on the subject -- 

With all due respect, I can only hope this is indeed true, at least on this subject. Some of us are on the front lines of being essential employees even during stay-at-home orders, and we have to show up to make sure employees are safe and that the best risk-management strategies are employed. No one in that situation cares what Richie from Boston says (and as someone who did a PhD in Boston and lived there for fifteen years I can only attest that not only his nonsense but his tag-line "from Boston" garners nothing but derision from those in Suffolk county).

To get back on topic, Dr. Fauci urged a national shutdown today in the U.S. Most have already done it, but I think we all need to think about how this will affect the supply chain, even for things that aren't raw material. My company has already seen the effects, and I think it would be wise for everyone to have a plan in place. This I think goes along with everything else mentioned here, including making sure we follow federal and state and local ordinances, which currently are a bit of a mess, and making sure we deploy sound risk-based policies to keep employees safe, including using resources provided by the federal government, including other agencies, to incentivize employees to stay home if they contract symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or if they think they have been exposed. 

I would like to hear more about recommendations about minimizing risk, if anyone has them. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,607 posts
  • 370 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:44 PM

A hoax, to what end? Corporations are already in charge, do you think they'd allow this to happen? 

Being curious, I watch the 2 videos you recommended.

Richie From Boston is NOT someone I would take directions to the nearest grocery store or Wal-Mart from. sucking on a vape in his bedroom? Totally not trustworthy, IMO.  Dr. Andrew Kaufmann (ANDY KAUFMANN), speaking of hoaxes, anyone? Did not inspire confidence either. 

YMMV

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

wtheriot

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 25 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:58 PM

"You can not get a virus unless it is injected into you"...Do realize the loss of any credibility you had left? Please go on and explain how the earth is flat. Viruses can enter the body through any opening...eyes, ears, nose, throat, cut. Look it up, its basic biology.

To think this is a conspired hoax for some global scheme is absurd! It would require the biggest corporations and world governments to all conspire and take these HUGE losses in profits, just for the sake of.....what?

Furthermore, as far as this forum is concerned, it is for assisting those of us in the Food Safety sector. This has impacted all of us greatly...hoax or not. Just the idea of it being real should elevate employees becoming a HIGH RISK and threatening business continuity. This will be challenged hard by auditors in the coming months to see if we planned our work and worked our plan. Your answer is to say it was a hoax, we did nothing...? :headhurts:

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:04 PM

And as Richie mentions in this video YOU CAN NOT GET A VIRUS UNLESS IT IS INJECTED INTO YOU.

And...here is the absurdity.  Obviously, he knows nothing of viral transmission and it seems you don't either.

I suppose polio and smallpox were hoaxes as well brought on by the government or some dark group as well?

Well, thank you for making my Friday and weekend.  I thought I didn't have anything to laugh about, but now I do.

Edited by Ryan M., 03 April 2020 - 11:05 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,607 posts
  • 370 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 04 April 2020 - 12:02 PM

Things must have changed...

"Viruses lie around our environment all of the time just waiting for a host cell to come along. They can enter us through the nose, mouth or breaks in the skin (see How the Immune System Works for details). Once inside, they find a host cell to infect. For example, cold and flu viruses will attack cells that line the respiratory or digestive tracts. The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS, attacks the T-cells of the immune system."

From https://science.hows...irus-human2.htm

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,660 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:55 AM

I give you this to ponder ...

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:28 AM

Hi Glenn,

Although I don't personally support the views of the video, I respect that we should all be able to put forward our opinions but would suggest we do so on the below existing thread already designated for topic:

https://www.ifsqn.co...eories/?hl=hoax

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:42 AM

I've merged the new topic posted with this existing one. By the way I watched the video and in my humble opinion it's a pile of horse manure and so is the entire hoax theory. I know a number of front line health workers and would rather take their word on the huge challenge they are facing and the devastaing effects of this disease. Doctors and nurses are dying on the front line and yet people need the liberty to buy some seed or to play catch. Embarassing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:19 AM

"Covid-19 has only killed actually about 150 people because they were probably weak people" (3:15 of video).

What frustrates me most about this is firstly the undermining of medical information and unnecessarily increasing the risk for everyone, but also when I hear things like this I feel it's a slap in the face of the victims, especially those on the medical front line.

A good friend of mine called me yesterday and I asked how he and his Dad - whom he lives with - is coping with the virus, as his Dad had been infected and is hospitalised. It wasn't looking great. And as of last night my friend now lives alone, his Dad passed away. The thought of telling my friend "well, he was probably weak and very very unlucky to be only of only 150 who have died" is unfathomable.

I think this whole episode has revealed an invulnerability complex in humans in some people. Humans are not invincible. As dominant a species as we are and as incredible (and awful in some cases) things we have achieved on the planet, it is strange to me to think that there is a resistance to accept that a virus is currently, quite successfully, attacking us and it was not engineered by humans. I'm no virologist I'll admit, but I'd be interested to look at the evidence base for viruses not being able to infect organisms through means other than injection. I expect viruses have been infecting humans long before the time that's we invented a device to inject.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,607 posts
  • 370 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

Reported US coronavirus deaths

4 weeks ago: 58 deaths
3 weeks ago: 323 deaths
2 weeks ago: 2,043 deaths
1 week ago: 8,488 deaths
Right now: 20,602 deaths

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,607 posts
  • 370 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:41 PM

Again, I ask a hoax to what end? I had to Google David Ickes,but I am really disinclined to take advice from Richie from Boston or a guy who believes in lizard people.

-Setanta         

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 13 April 2020 - 10:06 AM

David Icke, was a sports presenter in the UK many years ago, and is a well know conspiracy theorist over here.  I used to subscribe to his YouTube channel and now and again I thought he had an interesting point, however, according to David everything is part of the grand conspiracy and so I don't watch him these days.  I'm guessing that Covid-19 is designed to bring the world population to its knees so that the Illuminati can take over and install a single world government, currency, police etc. and we all become drones and submit ourselves to the lizard king.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Thanked by 1 Member:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:34 PM

Oh really? I mean I do remember taking a few courses in General Microbiology in College, I don't recall anything like that in regards to VIRUSES.

My manager has fallen ill as well as 2 coworkers, I feel I am next...

I don't remember getting an injection neither do my coworkers.

I'll update you if I do fall ill and test positive. 

:headhurts:

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,830 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:43 PM

Sorry had to remove the last post, let's not get personal please.

Thank you.

Simon

Thanked by 1 Member:

Fred73

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:SQFI certified consultant, PCQI, FSVP-QI, IAVA-QI, FS-CP & CCFS. I enjoy analyzing problems in the FS field, solving it and learning in the process.

Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:11 PM

I again have to state that this is the most unprofessional statement I have read on this forum. It gets even worse form someone who has continuously cited his experience as an "auditor" and now sells his consulting services.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,607 posts
  • 370 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:15 PM

Oh really? I mean I do remember taking a few courses in General Microbiology in College, I don't recall anything like that in regards to VIRUSES.

I don't remember getting an injection neither do my coworkers.

Keeping you all in my thoughts.  I have other friends who are ill, too. This is a pretty big and deadly hoax.

-Setanta         

Thanked by 1 Member:

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales

Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:28 PM

:sofa1:  Are you isolating now The Food Scientist? Fingers crossed for your good health.

To add to the discussion on general (not necessarily Covid-19) viral transmission methods, I've found the following:

Inhalation

Virus transmission to humans occurs via inhalation of aerosolized virus-contaminated rodent urine, saliva, and feces, rarely by rodent bites.

https://www.scienced...us-transmission

Mosquito

JE virus transmission season differs among endemic regions. It is mainly due to numbers and activities of vector mosquitoes. The climate, especially temperature and rainfall, affects the number and activity of vector mosquitoes.

https://www.scienced...us-transmission

Hanky-panky

Zika virus transmission by sexual intercourse was suggested by Foy et al.16 He described a patient who was infected with Zika virus infection in southeastern Senegal in 2008.

https://www.scienced...12812365200010X

Plants as a vector

Horizontal virus transmission via passive plant “vectors” provides a novel and intriguing way for some viruses of herbivorous insects to enhance their survival and dispersal. Although these insect viruses cannot multiply within plants, they can circulate within the plants on which their insect hosts feed   ...   The aphid-infecting Cripaviruses Aphid lethal paralysis virus (ALPV) and Rhopalosiphum padi virus (RhPV) both employ this transmission strategy (Bonning and Miller, 2010; D’Arcy et al., 1981; Gildow and D'Arcy, 1990; Liu et al., 2014b; Maina et al., 2017)

https://www.scienced...065352718300095

Cat saliva (feline leukemia virus)

The virus is transmitted by direct contact between cats, usually via saliva, as shedding in saliva is consistent in persistently infected cats. Therefore, mutual grooming is an important means of transmission.

https://www.scienced...416048893000164

Contact/Droplet/Aerosol

For respiratory infectious diseases, influenza probably being the most prominent example, three different, mutually non-exclusive, main modes of respiratory pathogen transmission have been identified (Tellier 2006; Brankston et al. 2007). The classification used in the medical literature considers ‘contact’, ‘droplet’ and ‘airborne’ transmission. Contact transmission (be it direct or indirect) arises from contact with pathogen-containing droplets: direct contact transmission refers to physical contact and transfer of pathogens from an infected person to a susceptible, whereas indirect contact transmission refers to contact with fomites and subsequent transport of the pathogen via, for example, hands to the upper region of the respiratory tract (mouth, nose). Droplet transmission occurs via large droplets that are generated by a close expiratory event (coughing, sneezing): they deposit immediately onto a susceptible's mucous membranes. As large droplets gravitationally settle quickly droplet transmission constitutes a transmission mode only for close contact. Airborne transmission (also referred to aerosol transmission) occurs via inhalation of small respiratory droplets (also referred to as ‘droplet nuclei’) that are small enough to remain airborne.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2894888/

Thanked by 2 Members:

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:34 PM

Not yet. Will start working from home starting tomorrow. Though as the plant's SQFP and QA Manager it is not easy working from home. The plant needs us! I would suggest coming in every Friday after everyone leaves to collect and verify paperwork

Thank you Zanorias & Setanta :) Praying we are all in good health!

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users