• Quick Navigation
Photo
- - - - -

Is verifying the BRC system the same as auditing it?

Verify BRC Standard System Audit

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SafetyLine

SafetyLine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 22 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:30 PM

Hello!

Recently my boss asked me for a BRC system verification, She needs that I verify that all system is working correctly according to standard. But my question is, is not the same like do an audit or what is the difference? If not, can you help about how I can do this task, please. I'm confused because I'm an internal auditor BRC system too. :headhurts:

Thanks

#2 SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 3,134 posts
  • 804 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Truth is like a delicious slice of watermelon... you just want more and more!

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:10 AM

At base it is like doing an internal audit and/or annual review of your entire BRC system, like our clients do for SQF - making sure that what is written in documentation is actually in practice, up and running, etc.

Recently we have been asked to join in with one of our clients QA managers to conduct a functional review of their SQF system as they are planning on selling the company and the new owners want to ensure that their food safety systems are put and running properly.

Kind regards,

Glenn Oster

GOC GROUP / +1.800.793.7042 / Food - Food Packaging - Food Storage/DC

SQF System Development, Implementation & Certification Consultants

Serving Small-to-Mid-Size Businesses | Flat-Rate Bundled Consulting services

Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant | GAP Analysis | Genesis 1:29

http://www.GlennOsterConsulting.com  -- 

Where is CoronaVirus - can 't seem to isolate it and how does that effect food companies?...

https://glennosterconsulting.wixsite.com/ogfc/goc-news

#3 zanorias

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 759 posts
  • 219 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Water Sports, Nature

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:12 PM

Hello!

Recently my boss asked me for a BRC system verification, She needs that I verify that all system is working correctly according to standard. But my question is, is not the same like do an audit or what is the difference? If not, can you help about how I can do this task, please. I'm confused because I'm an internal auditor BRC system too. :headhurts:

Thanks

It certainly sounds like a self-assessment. I imagine as an internal auditor you're aware of the BRC.8 checklist, though worth mentioning just in case that pHruit has made available an Excel version, #4 in the following thread.

https://www.ifsqn.co...at/#entry143216

However, thinking about your question, it strikes me that perhaps the best course of action to determine what exactly your manager means and is asking you to do, is to ask her to clarify? I know I'd certainly appreciate if my QAs asked me to clarify if they are unsure of doing a task or what I mean, and avoid risk spending time on an unnecessary job :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users