I have already added major illness to our plan. I am more curious about supporting documents and forms.
From the top of my head, what we did:
- Showed evidence from FDA, CDC and all these gov. agencies that COVID-19 is not a risk to Food Safety.
-I included evidence that everyone in the facility has been notified, trained and made aware about frequent hand washing, social distancing and properly monitoring themselves for any symptoms.
- We did a meeting for Crisis Management... so documented the meeting minutes as evidence.
- What steps will we take if an employee tested positive, if an employee is caring for a sick person or if the employee has anyone tested positive at home.
- What are we as a company doing to minimize infection? Sufficient PPE (hand soap, hand sanitizer, gloves, paper towels...etc), sanitizing and disinfecting areas where employees mostly encounter, stay home if you don't feel well or if you have any one of the symptoms.
- Daily health questionnaire for employees/ visitors to fill out.
- Sent a letter to our suppliers asking if there will be a shortage for any ingredients we buy from them.
- A letter to our customers saying we are closely monitoring the pandemic and they may face some delays.
Hope it helps :)
Edited by The Food Scientist, 10 April 2020 - 05:39 PM.