• Quick Navigation
Photo

Air push or Treated water push juice from line after final production

Share this

Best Answer , 15 April 2020 - 03:09 PM

Even if your air isn't contaminated, you're generally trying to avoid anything that could promote excess oxygen inclusion in the juice - it's never a good thing for product shelf life.

Potable water can work fine, but obviously you'll need to throw away some juice as there will be an interface region where the water dilutes the product.

One alternative approache would be to use a so-called "pigging" system, where a solid plug is used to physically push the last part of the liquid through the line.

You could also try food-grade nitrogen rather than air - as long as you're buying the right spec from an approved supplier, this serves the same function as pushing through with compressed air, but avoids any potential for increasing dissolved oxygen levels.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Rol Natty

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ethiopia
    Ethiopia

Posted 15 April 2020 - 01:13 PM

Which one is the Ok. air to push the juice , which may be even more effective than the RO water. Is that good

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:00 PM

We have two beverage manufacturers that use air to push.

Catch is, they have to test the compressed air for purity on a routine basis - but both have air testing kits and test several times a week.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Rol Natty

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ethiopia
    Ethiopia

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:04 PM

We don't have currently air testing kits what is your suggestion air affect the juice how critical is this

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:18 PM

We don't have currently air testing kits what is your suggestion air affect the juice how critical is this

both companies had issues with oily residue that when fully vetted they found it came from the air system. 

both also dumped juice products because of this, rooted it out and both found the source (at intake.)

Most times it is tiny particulate, oily residue, etc.

In both of these, the effect would have been in quality and not food safety.

I think there is a company on IFSQN that has compressed air kits/lab analysis online available.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Rol Natty

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ethiopia
    Ethiopia

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:22 PM

Thank you for u prompt answer

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:09 PM   Best Answer

Even if your air isn't contaminated, you're generally trying to avoid anything that could promote excess oxygen inclusion in the juice - it's never a good thing for product shelf life.

Potable water can work fine, but obviously you'll need to throw away some juice as there will be an interface region where the water dilutes the product.

One alternative approache would be to use a so-called "pigging" system, where a solid plug is used to physically push the last part of the liquid through the line.

You could also try food-grade nitrogen rather than air - as long as you're buying the right spec from an approved supplier, this serves the same function as pushing through with compressed air, but avoids any potential for increasing dissolved oxygen levels.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Rol Natty

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Ethiopia
    Ethiopia

Posted 26 April 2020 - 07:15 PM

Lucas i think now is everything okay we use air and water both in our system push all juice from the lines thank you so much for hep also

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users