Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:18 PM

Has anyone had to deal with Lunch truck ( roach coach) coming to a factory and selling food to the factory employees during Covid 19

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:19 PM

That sounds like a terrible idea, can you make them take the appropriate measures? (wearing masks, distancing from your employees?)

crystalQC

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 53 posts
  • 10 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Traveling, Spanish + Mandarin + Korean language, Cosmetics, Nutrition.

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:26 PM

What Lucas H said, there needs to be contact-less pick up, and have workers arrange their payment digitally or touch less, whichever. What state are you in? I can speak for California (at least in my county) this would be deemed illegal during these times. Recently a pedi-burrito service got a fine for not social distancing. and absolutely all food services need to be contact less.

qa@formella.com

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

qa@formella.com

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:29 PM

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Food safety, risk communication,food science, automatization of information flow

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:30 PM

If you cant forbid them, you might forbid your employees? We have strict layoff rules in europe, but for this a friend of mine already made the thread to make some layoffs, which was more than enough to keep people in line.

Not a good solution, but a possibility.

Edited by Lucas H, 17 April 2020 - 03:35 PM.

kfromNE

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,071 posts
  • 294 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Bicycling, reading, nutrition, trivia

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:01 PM

I would check with your local health department to see if they are licensed. If they are not - warn them you'll turn them in if they keep setting up business near you. I would also contact the health department on the rules of food trucks. 

Ryan M.

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,329 posts
  • 479 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading, crosswords, passionate discussions, laughing at US politics.

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:08 AM

We have food trucks, but we only allow two different vendors and they both have to follow our contractor rules which means going through our intake and health screening and wearing masks.  We include their truck as part of our hourly disinfection and require them to use hand sanitizer with any employee contact.

I mean I'm all for preventing the spread of COVID, but you have to understand how decisions and policies can absolutely affect and kill the morale of your workforce.  In this time of uncertainty and tension some of the small comforts that can be provided and available to employees should absolutely be done.

On another note, our COVID task force had a long discussion about employees cell phones.  We now have employees clock in and out on an app on their cell phone and they participate in shift meetings on Microsoft Teams from their cell phones.  There was a thought to not let employees bring their phones in because of distraction and abuse of it, and the sanitary side of it as well.  Ultimately, we decided it was better for our employees to have a lifeline with their phone to reach their family or loved ones because anything can happen.  We are trusting our employees at this point to do the right thing.  Just like we are trusting our employees to do the right thing with their interactions with the food truck.

Lucas H

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:02 AM

We have food trucks, but we only allow two different vendors and they both have to follow our contractor rules which means going through our intake and health screening and wearing masks.  We include their truck as part of our hourly disinfection and require them to use hand sanitizer with any employee contact.

If you do have the time, yes that is a far better option.

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,670 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

We have a wonderful local family that operates a spotlessly clean food truck and they have keto and paleo meals along with excellent coffee from Costa Rica.

They service a lot of the offices and businesses in the area.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users